jasmine178

Reaction score
i don't like it personally but that's probably because they didn't approve my channel for monetization yet it takes forever :mstickle: they are alot more strict now on what videos can have ads so make sure its family friendly so dumb:devil:

Kuudere Ghost

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i don't like it personally but that's probably because they didn't approve my channel for monetization yet it takes forever :mstickle: they are alot more strict now on what videos can have ads so make sure its family friendly so dumb:devil:
Yeah I don't necessarily like that they are more strict about the content approved for it, but I think it's a good system so that creators can make more off of ads.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They did it to cut out the bad actors. The people starting channels and flooding the site with bad content, or worse, re-uploaded content. You can effectively not do that anymore. Also, any site that is terminated can't just create a new channel under another name and resume their bad behavior. They have to get to the threshold first. It keeps existing channels in check, and the re-uppers? They have been terminated pretty much.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a little bitter, but only because I made it past the first requirement, which was 40,000 hours watched or something, and then once I did, they added the sub requirement.

Reactions: Kuudere Ghost

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
For those wondering about current wait times- I made the requirements on October 15th and was approved November 20. Keep at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
thank you for sharing that info.
You're welcome! I know there were many questions about wait times and I saw posts saying they'd have to wait until the end of the year (which I thought was going to be me).