sundarkrish

Reaction score
Every content creators put so many efforts and time, money on their content to increase their channel reach. But what makes a video ad worthy on YouTube? This question was stumbled on so many creators. So whether they won't continue with Youtube or moving for own platform.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Every content creators put so many efforts and time, money on their content to increase their channel reach. But what makes a video ad worthy on YouTube? This question was stumbled on so many creators. So whether they won't continue with Youtube or moving for own platform.
Not sure I understand what your question is. If you are asking what the value if ads are that get showed on videos, this is determined by a thing called, The AD Mall. The AD Mall is a complex algorithm that decided which ad gets played on what video. Different ads are worth more or less money. Which one gets played on a video has to do with countless factors, but at then end of the day, it works similar to every other broadcast medium. If you want to place a commercial to run between 6:00 and 8:00pm on weekdays (primetime) you pay ten to a hundred times more for that same ad if it ran at 2:00am in the morning.

YouTubers make on average from $1 to $4 for every one thousand views. How much you make is determined by which ads are played on your videos. Who h ads are played on your videos is determined by the AD Mall. The question is, how does the AD Mall make its determination? No one know the answer to that question.

gloryan

Reaction score
Not everyone who has under 4000 views and under 100000 subscribers is a bad content maker or reuploader for money. There are honest people who are well appreciated by their fans and who spend hours creating great content for nothing. And I am not even talking about money (you'd need a day job anyway and I am ok on that aspect). I am talking about visibility.

When this happened I had half the requirements so I got this message and honestly felt a little disappointed as I had been a good content creator (meaning reviews and music) for years.

But this is not the worst part.
They say it has only to do with monetization but it doesn't. My channel used to get thousands of views per video without me having to post it to any external social media. Now I create more consistent content and struggle to hit 300 views even when I post a video to 3-4 different social media. So no, for me it is not only about monetization. I lost visibility and for someone who made the choice of going totally unsigned it is VERY DIFFICULT.

Car-Guru

Reaction score
Hi

Just back to the requirements. I am a fairly knew channel do we have to reach 4k hours and 1k subs WITHIN 12 months to be eligible to apply?
What happens if you dont meet this in 12 months?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi

Just back to the requirements. I am a fairly knew channel do we have to reach 4k hours and 1k subs WITHIN 12 months to be eligible to apply?
What happens if you dont meet this in 12 months?
There is no time limit to reach this. When you reach this requirement, you are eligible to apply. Applying does not guarantee acceptance though. YT is becoming pickier about who they accept. They are looking for partners that really show promise these days. Take no shortcuts. Produce great content and develop genuine interest and you will be fine. Think professionally about your channel and consider what is best for YT and you will be approved.

Reactions: Svenska

Svenska

Reaction score
There is no time limit to reach this. When you reach this requirement, you are eligible to apply. Applying does not guarantee acceptance though. YT is becoming pickier about who they accept. They are looking for partners that really show promise these days. Take no shortcuts. Produce great content and develop genuine interest and you will be fine. Think professionally about your channel and consider what is best for YT and you will be approved.
Any idea how many % get accepted and how many get rejected?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Any idea how many % get accepted and how many get rejected?
No. They don't release that kind of info. It is not really about %. Think about it like this, for example. YT is a for-profit business. They want to make money. They make money by placing ads on Billboards. Your videos are the Billboard. If your billiards are located along a road that no one ever travels on, they will be a lot less likely to pay you to put ads on your billboard. As a channel, you are essentially a billboard company, offering YT the opportunity to put ads on your billboards. YT is going to look at the quality of the traffic that will see your billboards and decide whether that traffic is the type of traffic that will be worth paying to pay to put ads on your billboards.

So, to maximize your chance of being accepted, you need to think about what is best for YT, not necessarily what type of content you want to produce. Let's say you want to put out videos about your ant farm, which is nothing more than camera monitoring your ant's activity. It would very unlikely that this type of channel would get accepted, even if it met the requirement.

Hopefully this helps.