I still say this reeks of them punishing us for Logan Paul's mistakes. Their blog says it's mostly to ensure the wrong people don't post inappropriate content.... when their top dogs are already posting inappropriate content.

I think they're doing this to show their shareholders and the advertisers that they are doing something about the Logan Paul situation.... it's too bad they're punishing the wrong people.

In a way I am convinced this is a good thing. Whilst it sucks that my current channel doesn't qualify, it will only take continued work to make the criteria.
What I will speculate is that the people that do qualify will actually see a rise in their ad revenue. Less videos to serve ads on will mean that the rates should be higher.

Reactions: nad
Well, youtube is at it again. If you don't have 1000 subs and 4000 hours a year view time they are pulling your monetisation at the end of February.

Obviously at around 50 hours a month and 324 subs this is going to put a big dent in that little stream of money I was getting. It's not that I was depending on it or anything (or even met the first threshold for withdrawal) but it was nice to get a couple dollars every month from my channel. It was an oddly motivating factor.

Anyone else getting shafted this year?

Shame as I have 2 smaller channels both around 3-4 years old and both reaching the required watch time but subs each 700 and 800.
So far earning me a combined total of $1700. I guess they will eventually each reach the 1000 subs and switch back on in a year or so.
I dont mind if YT is switching off these ads and giving my main channel more..[DOUBLEPOST=1516182424,1516182337][/DOUBLEPOST]
What I will speculate is that the people that do qualify will actually see a rise in their ad revenue. Less videos to serve ads on will mean that the rates should be higher.

This (Fingers crossed)

I was very highly motivated by the 10,000 view threshold...I was admittedly only just about to hit 2000 views but it felt like I was really getting somewhere...as it stands now I dont think I'll ever get Monetised simply because the type of niche I work with just wont pull in good yearly numbers and its going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG time before I hit 1000 subs...It wont stop me making content...but it has rather dented my optimism...

Wait... seriously??? Now this is gonna start some drama... lol.

I am no where near that. I also have an old channel that has over a million views, but only 500 subs. I guess I can say good by to that extra cash now too. Wtf!

Crap. I've been working my way to 20 bucks for the last 5 years. I'll be legitimately sad that my running total will be wiped out. Also, I feel like Youtube is trying to edge me out. First it was 10,000 views, which I got, now they're saying "Ok, Dippy already has that, let's come up with something else a little less achievable." It's my fault guys. I'm sorry.

Crap. I've been working my way to 20 bucks for the last 5 years. I'll be legitimately sad that my running total will be wiped out. Also, I feel like Youtube is trying to edge me out. First it was 10,000 views, which I got, now they're saying "Ok, Dippy already has that, let's come up with something else a little less achievable." It's my fault guys. I'm sorry.

Me too, got about $33

But that money should be in your adsense account so it won't dissapear.

Back