Mr.GoodGuy13

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just saw this on the youtubecreators blog. My channel just passed 1,050 subs and 3,980 hours viewed. That's called slipping my way in the door. I'm glad they're making this move though.
Hi Imagination Playtimes, BTW nice videos... did they demonetized you and monetized you after you reached the requirements? or You just stay monetized even you have 3,980 hrs? thanks!

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi Imagination Playtimes, BTW nice videos... did they demonetized you and monetized you after you reached the requirements? or You just stay monetized even you have 3,980 hrs? thanks!
Tha's automatic you can have 9999 hours and will be demonitized[DOUBLEPOST=1520437131,1520437097][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tha's automatic you can have 9999 hours and will be demonitized
Ment 3999

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I do realize now that after I've been demonetized that my views went down too. I have one video that has been getting around 10-12k views every month over the last 4 years and now it's down to 5k. My other videos that had around 10k views/month per vid are all at 3-5k views which kind of sucks.

I don't know why the demonetization effects my views. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Reactions: Digital Beast

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do realize now that after I've been demonetized that my views went down too. I have one video that has been getting 10-12k views every month over the last 4 years and now it's down to 5k. my other videos that had around 10k views/month are all at 3-5k which kind of sucks.

I don't know why the demonetization effects my views. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
I didn't want to bring it up, but now that you mention it, I think I've been getting a lot less views as well. My last video before demonetization got like more than 1K views and now I'm barely breaking 100.
I mean it might have something to do with hiccup in schedules.
But it is rather strange.

Nerfworthy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this will only motivate us to perform better than before. : ) Even tho making money from the very start was also good.. I had to make a whole new channel, starting over-again from 0 subs, since the last channel I had was years old and I started uploading videos after the new rule was set.. It wasn't that big of a deal, had only 2-3 videos and a few subs and it felt great actually.. New channel, new me.

Last edited:

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
If demonetized videos are actually getting much less views, I wonder why. Is it because they don't get recommended as much or don't show up as thumbnails to related videos?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If demonetized videos are actually getting much less views, I wonder why. Is it because they don't get recommended as much or don't show up as thumbnails to related videos.
I'm not an expert by any means but if I were youtube I would want to promote the videos that would give me actual ad revenue. That might be what they did.

(I English goood)

Nerfworthy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If demonetized videos are actually getting much less views, I wonder why. Is it because they don't get recommended as much or don't show up as thumbnails to related videos?
Youtube said that demonetized videos doesn't have effect on how the video performs at all, it doesn't have affect on where it shows, to who it's being shown etc.. well ofcourse if that's to be believed. I'm not quite sure myself yet, since i've recently started youtube. Buut i'm pretty sure i'm correct.

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Youtube said that demonetized videos doesn't have effect on how the video performs at all, it doesn't have affect on where it shows, to who it's being shown etc...
Having a video that had pretty much the same amount of views(10000-12000) per month for 4 years straight, and then go down to 5000 in the last 28 days, does seem a bit odd though. To be precise, the video had 142,517 views within the last 365 days(which is around 12000 per month) but since demonetization it took a nose dive like a plane without gas.:help:
It had 1000 views the last 7 days. That's not even 5000 per month. All my other videos all have less than half the views that they had before demonetization. I find that quite DE-motivational.

Last edited:

Nerfworthy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Having a video that had pretty much the same amount of views(10000-12000) per month for 4 years straight, and then go down to 5000 in the last 28 days, does seem a bit odd though. To be precise, the video had 142,517 views within the last 365 days(which is around 12000 per month) but since demonetization it took a nose dive like a plane without gas.:help:
It had 1000 views the last 7 days. That's not even 5000 per month. All my other videos all have less than half the views that they had before demonetization. I find that quite DE-motivational.
These are some interesting numbers, hmm.
But you're saying 1000 views in the past 7 days, not in the past month.
Ofc, it's not 5k per month :D to be getting constant views it, the video needs to be on a never-ending scenario, for example on HOW TO: something.. something that will always be needed and searched for, however most videos after a while ,start to dying slowly, only for the sole purpose that they have been viewed already. Not many people repeat videos they've watched over and over and over again. Yeah, sure, 2-3 times. but not 10. >:D