Multiple Default Uploads - TubeBuddy's Addition to Manage Multiple Series

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey YTTalk Fans,

WeiseGamer bringing you another TubeBuddy guide! I have been using TubeBuddy for awhile now and after a great response to a tool I use all the time, the Tag Explorer, I figured I write up another guide showing the benefits of the free tool that is TubeBuddy! I also want to note that I am not being paid by TubeBuddy to write this article in any way shape or form. I have, however, contributed to their channel with tutorials covering various tools they offer. You can sign up for TubeBuddy at TubeBuddy.com.

-TubeBuddy Guide's by WeiseGamer-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to the new guide!

-Video Version-

-Introduction-
How many of you run multiple "series" on your channel? Maybe a certain VLOG once a week, multiple let's play series, a tutorial series, category of makeup, animal training, you name it. All of us as content creators do it and we all utilize (or should be utilizing) the default YouTube Upload Profile feature which allows us to have things like social media, tags, and other templates pre-loaded into each video when we do an upload. But why does YouTube limit us to only one profile? I have multiple series, why can't I have multiple profiles? Well, with TubeBuddy, you can!

-What is TubeBuddy?-
TubeBuddy is a plugin that you can download and install for free at TubeBuddy.com/WeiseGamer. It provides a lot of useful features that honestly should be built into YouTube and give us some of those features back from the Old YouTube such as showing what tags people are using on their videos!

-What is the "Multiple Default Upload Profile Tool?"-
The Multiple Profile Tool is something I literally use every day and should be a YouTube feature on it's own. Basically, it lets you create as many default upload profiles as you like for whatever reason you may want. Let's say you have 5 series on your channel, now you can have 5 different upload profiles to make life that much simpler when adding tags, descriptions, titles, and more to your series.

-How do I use it?-
After installing TubeBuddy from TubeBuddy.com/WeiseGamer, you can get to work. Start by going to your channel information and to the Channel Section on the left hand side. Then click on the normal "Upload Defaults" section of YouTube's channel management:

You will find yourself at the standard "Upload Default" screen with a new twist in the top right hand corner. Looking here, we see the TubeBuddy icon and a drop down with a few buttons to create, delete, and save various upload default profiles for use with our videos!

Many of you can probably figure it out from here, but let's see what some of the options are and how this can best be used.

-Putting it into Practice-
Alright so you have created a few profiles for your various series, let's use them in all the ways TubeBuddy allows!

First, these are upload defaults. Let's upload a new video and see how they work! From the standard YouTube uploader, select the video you want to upload. The most recently "Upload Default" you have used will show up:

But maybe this series isn't my normal default. Maybe this is a game review, on the left hand side we have a new "Default Profile" section courtesy of TubeBuddy. Clicking the drop down and hitting apply, I can have my Indie Game Review template applied instantly!

This not only updates my description and title, but my tags, monetization, and advanced settings!

You can see my above video has changed with only a click of a button (noted even more so by the lack of any % change on my upload or time remaining). Now I have a template that has info for the game and developer I can through in, tags I use on every indie game review, and a default placeholder title for me. Now you can see just how amazing this can be! Let's take it one step further.

-The Out the Box Step that Blows the Single Default Profile out of the Water-
It's great we can apply these to video's we are uploading, but what about scheduled videos, videos published already, ones in a series I want to mass update to one specific template. Let's say the description isn't going to change or the title, but I want all the tags in the series to remain. Well, TubeBuddy thought of that as well.

By editing any video in your video manager, you can actually apply any of these profiles to your video. Let's get started. We can see a new "Upload Defaults" area on the right side of the video:

Clicking the "View" dropdown, we will get a list of all of our profiles. We can select one, check the boxes we DO want to change, hit apply, and voila, watch as TubeBuddy painless updates my video for me:

All of those changes in the click of a couple buttons. Fantastic.

-Conclusion-
TubeBuddy is a free plugin. As a content creator, it just MAKES SENSE to install the thing and give it a whirl. It will save you a LOT of time doing MANY tasks that normally you have to micromanage like crazy. This is just another one of those "Why doesn't YouTube just do this by default" moments and I am so happy to have found this tool to save me time on my own channel. Let me know what you guys think in the replies!

Give the free version a try, sign up at TubeBuddy.com.

Last edited:

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If anyone has suggestion for the next guide let me know! I'll continue writing them as I go!

Reactions: MBGaming

MBGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very well explained ! Thanks a lot for the info, I'll see how it will help me out in the long run :)
Just one question: why do you add quotes in your tags ? e.g."Top Indie Games"

Reactions: WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very well explained ! Thanks a lot for the info, I'll see how it will help me out in the long run :)
Just one question: why do you add quotes in your tags ? e.g."Top Indie Games"
There was a time where not having the quote would have YouTube enter each word as a separate keyword, rather than one phrase. Also, on web site design, this was the case for awhile too. That being said, it became habit, haha.