Massive drop in views on kid channels

I also ask you for advice, since "Learn Colors" and "Disney Cars 3" almost always appear in my titles (also because they are always present in my videos), to be less "spam" do you say you use only 1 at a time and only rarely in pairs?
I accept advice, I never considered myself in the spam category, but since you tell me, you mean something I have to correct.

Well, you should just accurately title your videos - if all your videos are about learning colors and Disney Cars 3, then so be it, although a little bit of programming diversity probably wouldn't hurt. It's a catch22 though as if you've built an audience that wants that one thing, you could alienate them by adding variety. I do some work for another channel that is in a similar sub-niche to you and I'm always surprised by how hard it is to straddle this line.

My agreement with Crown is about stuffing keywords in your description- that's a big no-no. Also, trying to fit a ton of keyword phrases into a title probably isn't a useful strategy anymore, anyway -whether its against TOC or not. I would focus on just 1 or 2. Your content is categorized more by viewer behavior than meta-data. If "Learn colors" and "Disney Cars 3" aren't the main draw to your video then you could probably just leave those things off. Or, if you basically do tons of videos that are exactly about those two things, you could try numbering them... ep.1, etc. I don't have any evidence that this is helpful, but it can make your titles seem less repetitive if you are concerned about that. I was given the advice by my YT rep that putting your channel name or some part of it in the title may be helpful for surfacing on the Kids app. Not sure whether I believe this, but you can see this trend in many large kids channels over the last year.

If you want to talk more about this we should start a new thread or you can PM me.

So if i tag my video about colors should I just use learn colors once and tag like this learn colors, animation, educational, for kids, for children etc

or tag like this colors, learn colors, colors for kids, colors for babies, children learn colors, paint and color, rainbow colors etc ?

Thanks

I also have a kids channel with 100+ Million views and everything dropped 90%, from 11th July. Generic answer from youtube about fluctuations etc.
I dont believe it is to spamming keywords because Strawberry Jam Toys which makes the same video every day is not effected.
I do hope things reverse back to normal as my channel was very successful.
I was getting 10million a month in views and increasing.
My only guess is they are promoting channels with higher watch time per video.

We continue to plummet.... we won't last another two weeks if we continue this decline. I can't determine what we specifically did wrong relative to other kids channels- we've gotten so much positive feedback over the years, and tried to run a squeaky clean ship.

it seems that this algorithm promotes old stuff better than new videos. they definitely nuked thousands of channels
it looks like big kid singing channels got boost

We continue to plummet.... we won't last another two weeks if we continue this decline. I can't determine what we specifically did wrong relative to other kids channels- we've gotten so much positive feedback over the years, and tried to run a squeaky clean ship.
Is your channel 3D animation or toy review?

We are a mix of unboxings, just playing with toys, and skits with more of a focus on skits in the last two years.... we had hoped to move away from toy unboxings for a variety of reasons, but the algorithm stopped promoting many of our skits last fall and we have returned a bit to unboxings, but always with a skit component.

Back