Massive drop in views on kid channels

MeachamLake

Reaction score
So far we think these are two main requirements above 15% CTR and smooth drop in audience retention with this new change.

UPDATE: maybe not some videos had the same and no views. I think it is a crazy bug or traffic redistribution.

They also mentioned about regional competition. I think videos now compete within each country too beside the world to get views.
Thanks for that - how did you get this info? Very interesting. My channel looks like it matches up to both of these requirements. I'm seeing quite a decent rise in my 48hr viewing figures this morning. Nowhere near pre-drop levels, but much better than they were.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I wrote a tweet to teamyoutube, I ask you all to comment on it to show how many we are and we want a response, if you don't want to give up, comment immediately:
I had a quick look at your channel and put myself in Youtube's position as if I was doing a manual review. Within less than a minute, I looked at the titles of your last 24 videos (over a 1 month period) They all all had keyword stuffing of duplicate metadata with titles that made little sense at all in English. But they all had a variation of "Learning colors disney cars 3" in them. That metadata is very spammy and would be classed as duplicate. I mean how many videos related to learning colors do you think your channel needs? Do you think 22 out of 24 videos titled some variation of "learn colors disney cars 3" from only a one month period is excessive? How do you think the algorithm would judge it? How do you think a human being from Youtube doing a manual review would judge it?

I then clicked on 2 of your videos at random. I looked at the description. They all contained keyword stuffing and lists of keywords separated by commas. That's spam and is specifically against youTube's TOS. Have you read them?

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
So what if you make educational content for kids and lots of color videos. How do you tag them then?
Also monetized playb ack dropped from 7% to 2% Anyone else has it?

HurryUp

Reaction score
I had a quick look at your channel and put myself in Youtube's position as if I was doing a manual review. Within less than a minute, I looked at the titles of your last 24 videos (over a 1 month period) They all all had keyword stuffing of duplicate metadata with titles that made little sense at all in English. But they all had a variation of "Learning colors disney cars 3" in them. That metadata is very spammy and would be classed as duplicate. I mean how many videos related to learning colors do you think your channel needs? Do you think 22 out of 24 videos titled some variation of "learn colors disney cars 3" from only a one month period is excessive? How do you think the algorithm would judge it? How do you think a human being from Youtube doing a manual review would judge it?

I then clicked on 2 of your videos at random. I looked at the description. They all contained keyword stuffing and lists of keywords separated by commas. That's spam and is specifically against youTube's TOS. Have you read them?

First of all thank you for your analysis, I always gladly accept opinions and advice.
Honestly, you may be right, but this is quite common in kids's video channels ... if the videos focus on "learn colors" with the name of toys (mostly Disney Cars) the titles obviously always look alike: )
I will try however to improve the titles and matatag in this aspect, thanks.

Having said that, even if absolutely right, I think that little is done with the question of the decrease in views, many channels that they know with the same drop do not have this "feature"

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
it seems that nothing is changing. Their stupid algorithm recommends stuff from years ago but newest one dropped out from suggested. it's doing everything opposite.

Esra

Reaction score
the problem still continues. thousands of kids channels views dropped.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Honestly, you may be right, but this is quite common in kids's video channels
and that's probably why Youtube is taking action specifically against kids channels.

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
While I agree with Crown's point about HurryUp's channel and spamming tags in the description, that is very likely NOT what is going on here, or at least is only a part of it. As evidence, take Vlad and Nikita... a mega-channel that has been hit - one of the highest volume channels on Youtube. You would be hard pressed to claim that their meta-data is spammy or against TOC. One could claim that they are just caught up in broader action against other channels, but that doesn't explain why other kids channels are blowing up.

Although I don't have an immediate example, I would speculate that there are spammy channels that are doing ok.

I'm actually surprised we are not seeing more news about this. If this hit a different large vertical, I can imagine that there would be more coverage. Imagine if Pewdiepie lost 2/3 of his traffic overnight...

Reactions: Esra

Esra

Reaction score
Yes true.

Also Cocomelon %50 view drop

HurryUp

Reaction score
Although I don't have an immediate example, I would speculate that there are spammy channels that are doing ok.
this for example this channel uses titles similar to mine, it has gone from about 40'000 views to 300'000 views in this period.

I also ask you for advice, since "Learn Colors" and "Disney Cars 3" almost always appear in my titles (also because they are always present in my videos), to be less "spam" do you say you use only 1 at a time and only rarely in pairs?
I accept advice, I never considered myself in the spam category, but since you tell me, you mean something I have to correct.