[locked] YouTube Glitch & Algorithm Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently watched a video from a professional who knows how to work YouTube and helps smaller YouTube channels grow, well it's good news for anyone who actually tags properly. Big youtubers are complaining because there views have been halfed or had less than half but looking at their tags it's made their videos harder to find as YouTube has made it so if you Use your titles, descriptions and tags properly you can end up in the recommended of many other youtubers vice Versa. Now this is an advantage for us smaller channels as big youtubers have been very lazy lately with their meta data screwing themselves over when it has been made more fair for everyone this gives us a better chance of growth so make sure to take advantage of this.

YouTube Glitch
As many of you have heard there has been a very bad glitch on YouTube recently. People like KEEMSTAR, ComedyShortsGamer, and many others have been affected and have spoken out. If you don't know what it is, then it's a glitch when you upload you gradually lose subs at a steady rate. And then after losing subs at a steady rate you lose a couple hundreds subs within seconds. And then gradually lose subs again, that's why many creators are refraining to upload recently.

What are your thoughts on this and has it affected you?

YouTube Algorithm Change
Maybe some of you know about this, but a couple weeks ago I was told about a rumor of an algorithm change. It turns out to be true and people who took advantage of the system are now decreasing in views at an alarming rate. Also people who got a lot of their views off recommended videos are losing a lot of views too. FuturisticHub was the first to say this and recently Jesse Wellens (PrankvsPrank and BFVSGF) has recently confirmed this with the person that writes the algorithm for YouTube.

What are your thoughts?
I've heard a lot about this. I'm not sure if its been effecting my channel but i have notice a loss in subscribers but in a odd way. For awhile we would receive a subscriber and then we would lose one shortly after and this continued for a couple of weeks maybe even a few months. Another time we had 323 subscribers and then loss 3 all of a sudden at different times but in the same day we uploaded a video.[DOUBLEPOST=1481508642,1481507348][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe that's what happened to this video of mine, it went from getting around 500 to 600 views a day to about 100 views a day now, most of the views were suggested video views.
View attachment 38537
That definitely seems odd to just drop like that so suddenly

I'm not sure if you may have heard of this, but I hear that youtube has been going around deleting sub counts on all channels. I mean I wasn't active on Screwattack for a while, and they removed me, and I dind't find out until the most recent Death Battle. (Erza and Zoro). I've noticed other tubers saying the same things on other groups.

Has this effected any of you and how?[DOUBLEPOST=1481592539,1481588999][/DOUBLEPOST]I've noticed it here too. I was subscribed to screwattack at one point and didn't notice youtube unsubbed me (noticed after the most recent zoro vs. erza Deathbattle.). It really hurts me as a small youtuber struggling to gain an audience, by losing subscribers.

I constantly saw lose in mine estimated revenue[DOUBLEPOST=1481605159,1481605090][/DOUBLEPOST]I saw lost subs but I thought maybe it's those beggars for sub for sub that unsub

YouTube Glitch
As many of you have heard there has been a very bad glitch on YouTube recently. People like KEEMSTAR, ComedyShortsGamer, and many others have been affected and have spoken out. If you don't know what it is, then it's a glitch when you upload you gradually lose subs at a steady rate. And then after losing subs at a steady rate you lose a couple hundreds subs within seconds. And then gradually lose subs again, that's why many creators are refraining to upload recently.

What are your thoughts on this and has it affected you?

YouTube Algorithm Change
Maybe some of you know about this, but a couple weeks ago I was told about a rumor of an algorithm change. It turns out to be true and people who took advantage of the system are now decreasing in views at an alarming rate. Also people who got a lot of their views off recommended videos are losing a lot of views too. FuturisticHub was the first to say this and recently Jesse Wellens (PrankvsPrank and BFVSGF) has recently confirmed this with the person that writes the algorithm for YouTube.

What are your thoughts?
Well people have grew there channel for ages and ages even years and its not fair for youtube to take away them subscribers because they have worked hard to be where they are today! Also youtube wouldnt be youtube without the people on it so if the people uploading get fed up then maybe there wont be as much youtubers!

I have noticed that my views have been a little all over the place but I haven't been upset about it because at the end of the day YouTube isn't all about getting millions of views in one video! Its about making a purposeful video with meaning and enjoying the content you create and put out for your audience :)

As people we should be defined by our creativity not by a digit :)

So I recently watched a video from a professional who knows how to work YouTube and helps smaller YouTube channels grow, well it's good news for anyone who actually tags properly. Big youtubers are complaining because there views have been halfed or had less than half but looking at their tags it's made their videos harder to find as YouTube has made it so if you Use your titles, descriptions and tags properly you can end up in the recommended of many other youtubers vice Versa. Now this is an advantage for us smaller channels as big youtubers have been very lazy lately with their meta data screwing themselves over when it has been made more fair for everyone this gives us a better chance of growth so make sure to take advantage of this.

This, I just watched his video too. (I'm thinking you're talking about Roberto Blake)

I'm surprised I never realised this, because this affected my most popular video and I actually caught on to it.. but didn't realise that's what had changed in the algorithm. Basically long story short I had a video ranking on the first page for the search term "How to lucid dream", it was doing great. Then the algorithm change hits and my video is no longer even on the first page, it's back on like page 4 of search.

My tags and description were fine, but my title was something convoluted like "Lucid Dreaming Tutorial Video - Lucid Dream in 5 Minutes" or something equally silly. In other words it didn't have the tag I was trying to rank for in there, so the algorithm change ripped it off the front page.

Sure enough when I renamed it to "How to Lucid Dream in 5 Minutes", it was back on page 1 (and in fact ranked higher than before).

I spent most of today watching videos about the algorithm change etc and formulating my new strategy from here on forward to enable me to benefit from the new algorithm as much as possible. Already starting to implement some changes now. Really excited because I think the new algorithm is actually very much going to favour my latest plan for my channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back