[locked] YouTube Glitch & Algorithm Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have not lost any subscribers but I did notice a recent slow drop on the views I get per video. What to do? :crying:

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube Glitch
As many of you have heard there has been a very bad glitch on YouTube recently. People like KEEMSTAR, ComedyShortsGamer, and many others have been affected and have spoken out. If you don't know what it is, then it's a glitch when you upload you gradually lose subs at a steady rate. And then after losing subs at a steady rate you lose a couple hundreds subs within seconds. And then gradually lose subs again, that's why many creators are refraining to upload recently.

What are your thoughts on this and has it affected you?

YouTube Algorithm Change
Maybe some of you know about this, but a couple weeks ago I was told about a rumor of an algorithm change. It turns out to be true and people who took advantage of the system are now decreasing in views at an alarming rate. Also people who got a lot of their views off recommended videos are losing a lot of views too. FuturisticHub was the first to say this and recently Jesse Wellens (PrankvsPrank and BFVSGF) has recently confirmed this with the person that writes the algorithm for YouTube.

What are your thoughts?

Ugh.. It so sad.. I was at 1,400 views per hour on thanksgiving and now it has drastically dropped! I am now at less than 200. I thought for sure my channel was taking off. :( Are there any tips out there as to how to get back into the Algorithm rhythm?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I have more views on older videos which were previously dead. Newer videos rank higher and now have constant views per hour, where that was not the case before. Most recent video appeared #2 on overall search next to million sub and view channels. So for me it's been good. Though I've never changed strategies and didn't know algorithm was changed

OniMarku

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I read about the algorithm change but was unaware of the sub loss glitch, that really needs to be fixed.

XGGaming

Reaction score
i did lose about 10 subs within 2 weeks last month, and the acquisition about losing subs when a video is being uploaded seems pretty spot on. but hey im a small channel. chances of me losing those subs were probably because my content is s****y. haha~ but my views have dropped drastically and it's really a concern..

(merry merry guys~)

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i mean it was tough to get noticed before the algorithm how is it going to be now, as many of you guys know the small stay small and the big keep getting bigger

Haflex

Reaction score
I've seen channels drop in subs when they upload. I lost some subscribers due to YouTube delete them randomly but now it seems to be improving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ok, time to close this thread because everyone is talking about totally unrelated topics and blaming losing a few subs on glitches and algorithm changes.

The algorithm may or may not have changed. It happens.

If anyone has a specific technical problem or "glitch", they can report it to YouTube here -> https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4347644

YouTube are continually adjusting sub counts (and view counts.) - We don't need a thread everytime someone's stats stalls. Everyone wants more views. Threads talking about losing subs and/or views will get locked. They are considered low content threads.

Please read the official Youtube help on how subs and views are counted:

Sub counts: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6392782?hl=en
View counts: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2991785

The only advice is to concentrate on making good content and not getting too attached to the numbers.

If you're looking for specific advice for your channel based on your existing channel or videos, then please ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If your thread complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then it will be approved by a member of staff.

Thread locked.

Reactions: Riddikore
Status
Not open for further replies.