[locked] YouTube Glitch & Algorithm Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous777

Reaction score
Nobody seems to care about this. I have uncovered countless youtube channels popping up over night and crushing good players by spamming "EXTRA TAGS" into their video descriptions. Flagging does not work & youtube does nothing about it accept say @ your own risk! What most do not realizes this is effecting you too! It keep everyone's rankings down so many are doing it to compete unfairly.. It Look!! watch?v=I1GTRcudj5M SO they spam "EXTA TAGS" lower everyone's videos ranks and they get rewarded with millions of fast views and thousands of dollars!!! Nobody is complaining about his accept me. What's up with that?

Reactions: Jacob Conley

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nobody seems to care about this. I have uncovered countless youtube channels popping up over night and crushing good players by spamming "EXTRA TAGS" into their video descriptions. Flagging does not work & youtube does nothing about it accept say @ your own risk! What most do not realizes this is effecting you too! It keep everyone's rankings down so many are doing it to compete unfairly.. It Look!! watch?v=I1GTRcudj5M SO they spam "EXTA TAGS" lower everyone's videos ranks and they get rewarded with millions of fast views and thousands of dollars!!! Nobody is complaining about his accept me. What's up with that?
That's pretty interesting. Usually metadata cheating gets taken care of pretty quickly, for a while there was even a "hacker" group that was mass flagging videos with 1000s of hits to make sure YT took them down within hours.

It's interesting how that video ranks #1 on "top viral" and #2 on "viral" tags. Not really something that should happen; and the tags are so bare minimum that they should never realistically rank high.

Jacob Conley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The sub loss is a crazy thing, especially since Im a small channel. Yesterday i uploaded a video then all of a sudden I see that I lost a sub, now for me one is pretty big deal, and its my girlfriend who watches everyday she was just as confused as I was!

anonymous777

Reaction score
That's pretty interesting. Usually metadata cheating gets taken care of pretty quickly, for a while there was even a "hacker" group that was mass flagging videos with 1000s of hits to make sure YT took them down within hours.

It's interesting how that video ranks #1 on "top viral" and #2 on "viral" tags. Not really something that should happen; and the tags are so bare minimum that they should never realistically rank high.
They are doing it in full force & it's working. I can link you into so many examples!! Youtube does nothing!!! One video has 20 MILLION views when I last looked! It had a paragraph of extra tags. Please people spread the word. Get one of these big youtube channels to blow up the spot!! Youtube will only do something about it if scarce & h3h start to point it out! I have links! More links!!! 100's of channels are doing this now and it's paying off big while keeping others down. Many niche's are now doing it again in the entire 2015 & 2016 & i have yet to see one big spammer in the tags video removed! I cannot do this myself. I keep writing people. No one cares unless it effects them. I argue it effects everyone on youtube playing by the TOS. It works! Here is another look at the EXTRA TAGS! Millions of views! watch?v=4V6LgfuZslA If this keeps going on nobody is going to have subs to complain about! All the spam channels will suck the viewers up! It's simple logic.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Note to everyone. Please stay on topic - This thread is about a specific alleged bug. Don't use this thread to jump on the bandwagon and randomly complain about losing a few subs or not growing quickly enough.

@anonymous777 - Please stop derailing this thread. What you are describing is people abusing the metadata. That is nothing new and it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is an alleged NEW bug where people are allegedly losing a significant number of subs after uploading. You already have a thread about the metadata- stop trying to derail this one.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

lsherran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys, I'm currently experiencing a weird bug with YouTube where I can't subscribe or unsubscribe from any channels. Anyone else experiencing this?

If I subscribe to a channel it says that I'm subscribed, but refreshing the page in my browser shows I'm still unsubscribed. I've tried this in incognito mode, in a different browser and a different account and it's all the same.

Interestingly I can still subscribe using my mobile app. Other people in my office are experiencing the same issue. Is this another bug?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? It might be remembering what the page looked like before you subscribed/unsubscribed. ^^

Reactions: lsherran

lsherran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep, plus tried incognito, different accounts etc. I take it you're not having the same issue?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
For info to everyone, when there is a recognised bug on YouTube, they get listed here: https://support.google.com/youtube/known-issues/16903?hl=en

From that page:

Normal behaviour (not a bug at all):

Generally, it's normal to see fluctuations in your subscriber count. If it seems that your subscriber count has changed or dropped, it could be for one of these reasons:

Maybe a bug:
If subscriber changes seem like they're outside the normal fluctuation rate, it could be due to a known issue:

• In rare cases, it may appear to some users that they've been unsubscribed from your channel when they actually haven't been. For some users with more than 1,000 channel subscriptions, the subscribe button on the watch page can behave inconsistently (sometimes showing "Subscribed" and other times showing "Unsubscribed"). These users are still subscribed and will still get notified of new content. We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it.
  • If you believe you're experiencing a problem outside the normal rate of subscriber count fluctuations, you can report an issue.

So if you think your channel is affected by a bug, report it to Youtube as per the instructions above.

(I'm going to leave this thread open for another week at which point it will be locked because everyone seems to be confusing normal behaviour with actual bugs.)

Hi guys, I'm currently experiencing a weird bug with YouTube where I can't subscribe or unsubscribe from any channels. Anyone else experiencing this?

If I subscribe to a channel it says that I'm subscribed, but refreshing the page in my browser shows I'm still unsubscribed. I've tried this in incognito mode, in a different browser and a different account and it's all the same.

Interestingly I can still subscribe using my mobile app. Other people in my office are experiencing the same issue. Is this another bug?

@lsherran - I've merged your thread to this pinned thread (at the top of the forum) because I think it's related. :) See my post above for reporting the issue.

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some of these bigger channels complaining there is a glitch might need to take a look at reinventing themselves. The cheese gets old and mouldey after a while and people are quick to move on. Who remembers Myspace? Look how many alternatives popped up since then and left it to die.

It seems obvious the algorithm is looking to bring forward new channels that are looking like good performers. Nobody is going to want to watch an ageing vloggers they don't relate to forever. Out with the old. In with the new. I'm sure YouTube know exactly what they are doing and in true form are offering no answers which has lead to alot of speculation and complaints from people who can't understand what is going on.

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.