[locked] YouTube Glitch & Algorithm Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean yeah sure the recommended is fine if you want to watch different Dota or League gameplays. But if the videos are random and give you like weird clickbait youtube videos then that's just stupid.

Also, automatically unsubscribing to a channel because of not watching them is fine but if you watch the videos on the channel constantly then it shouldn't happen.

There are a lot of videos from decent sized youtubers talking about how youtube has changed their algorithm. This also effects viewers, it makes it hard to see new videos from who you are subscribed too unless you select to get notified. I've noticed a lot of youtubers are a little hesitant to comment on this though in case youtube doesn't like what they have to say...

I'm not convinced there is a sub glitch at all. Algorithm change maybe which will result in the people not benefiting from it calling it a "glitch"

(Anyway, regardless of it it's fact or fiction, this is creating a lot of duplicate threads so this thread is being pinned as a "hot-topic" Duplicates will either be locked or merged into this one if there is some added value.)[DOUBLEPOST=1480790613][/DOUBLEPOST]@Bluecore - I've merged your thread with this one.

I noticed a glitch a few day ago. YouTube has not counted views for the past five days. Hopefully Google will fix this problem soon.

That Keemstar guy experiment means absolutely zero. This supposedly YT algorithm change/glitch topic has gained so much interest in the community that it would have make that video gone viral no matter what.

Now, if a 5 minute video containing a static pic with no music, generic title, no description and no tags would have gone viral just because it had lots of comments and like, that would prove something.

Edit - by the way, just noticed he monetized his "social experiment". Way to go to exploit his subscribers, clearly this is just about the community and not money :up2:

Legit question how many of you have been positively or negatively effected by the new algorithm. Myself my subs are through the roof and my view count is ridiculously high. I have talked to some animation channels and they say they finally have some good amount of viewers coming in, seeing as before animation channels got ****** by the past algo. I know a lot of the big YTers are upset with getting less views and I do agree that YT unsubbing should get fixed.

That Keemstar guy experiment means absolutely zero. This supposedly YT algorithm change/glitch topic has gained so much interest in the community that it would have make that video gone viral no matter what.

Now, if a 5 minute video containing a static pic with no music, generic title, no description and no tags would have gone viral just because it had lots of comments and like, that would prove something.

Edit - by the way, just noticed he monetized his "social experiment". Way to go to exploit his subscribers, clearly this is just about the community and not money :up2:
"Means absolutely zero"? Haha I don't think so, you're wrong on this.

That 1 minute video only has a few hundred thousand views, average amount of views for his channel. He has had more videos that are longer with millions of views that never trended. But in this particular video he has 150,000 likes, 250,000 comments and around 400,000 views.

H3H3 made a more in-depth and longer video on this topic that got onto the front page of reddit. Got around 1,000,000 views in its first 24 hours. It did not trend.

This definitely proved that the algorithm did change, and likes and comments are prioritized over views and watch time.

I just recently watched a video that Pewdiepie posted about this subject and seeing his view and explantation on it, it makes sense. Because not only is practically everyone on here saying the same thing, every big youtuber agrees and I've had less views too but I just thought it was my videos and not the algorithm. But he said YouTube is working with him to fix it so hopefully they will and its just a glitch or bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back