[locked] YouTube Glitch & Algorithm Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacksepticeye has a pretty great video on the topic (which I can't link here due to yttalk rules), and I tend to agree with him. The last thing YouTube needs is more click-baity videos and channels, which this algorithm change is promoting. Also makes it a lot harder for smaller channels like me to gain an audience at all without literally begging everyone that comes onto the video for likes and comments, which isn't what I wanna do at all.

DEFINITE ALGORITHM CHANGE BASED ON COMMENTS AND LIKES
Watch these two videos
youtube.com/watch?v=lWY_MZ17j2M
twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/804155789942390784

What do you guys think about the recent changes to the youtube? Personally, it's a bit iffy. I am not getting these random unsubs or anything. Seems like I am getting more traffic from youtube search as well.

[Repost from reddit]
So about a month and a half ago I noticed that YouTubers seemed to drop in subscribers after uploading videos. At first, I figured it was a glitch, either on YouTube’s side, or either of the fault of the live subscriber count websites. After hearing so many people starting to talk about this same problem; however, I got curious and decided to put a theory I had been thinking of to the test. On November 1st, I created a test channel and subscribed to myself. I wanted to see what would happen if I were to subscribe without engaging on any of my videos for a long time. I waited a couple weeks with no results. Uploaded a few videos on my main channel just to fill dead space as I checked the test channel for anything weird. Fast forward to the 30th of November. 29 days after I first subscribed, and to my surprise, my test channel was no longer subscribed to my main channel. The last time I checked the test channel was either November 26th or November 27th. Since I was still subscribed at that point, sometime between then and now youtube must have unsubscribed me.

I have two main theories to why this may have happened. Either this is an attempt from YouTube to combat bot subscribers who subscribe to users who pay for dead subscribers (for whatever reason I still do not get) or this might be YouTube’s way of keeping our subscriber feed clean of people’s videos who we don’t watch anymore. Now I still can't explain the instances of people saying one day they just became unsubscribed even though they watched videos of the Youtuber they were subscribed too sadly. I plan to create new test accounts changing little variables here and there to see what other things I can find out and encourage you all to do the same!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually a great idea.
Youtube has been doing a lot of changings here and there, a lot of famous Youtubers are also complaining. Youtube should stop this. Stop experimenting with their algorithms as it only f*cks up every youtuber out there.

This is actually a great idea.
Youtube has been doing a lot of changings here and there, a lot of famous Youtubers are also complaining. Youtube should stop this. Stop experimenting with their algorithms as it only f*cks up every YouTuber out there.
Agreed! Back in 2008, it was okay to make huge changes, but now a -days one small changes can mean the difference of, someone being able to eat tonight or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back