If possible, would you like YouTube as your job?

I guess I would say yes to this. I mean a lot of us dream about getting that golden play button and hitting a million subscribers and what not!

But as a full time job? I might quit my job whenever I come to that point but I definitely would try to invest the youtube payment into something bigger that can sustain me and whoever is in my life for the rest of my life!

YouTube is great but I cannot see myself doing gaming videos till I'm about 90 years old :p

DonHazeron, I think you should do gaming videos when your 90 years old. How many 90 year olds have a gaming channel? You'd be an absolute sensation.

Imma totally subscribe to your gaming channel.....but only after you turn 90. Just Kidding. Lol! I'll subscribe before then. :).

I hope you achieve your dreams long before you turn 90. Just.....you know.....keep doing it even when you're 90. Put up a webcam in your nursing home with you sitting in your rocking chair playing Battlefield 32. People gonna love it my dude!

Take Care! :).

DonHazeron, I think you should do gaming videos when your 90 years old. How many 90 year olds have a gaming channel? You'd be an absolute sensation.

Imma totally subscribe to your gaming channel.....but only after you turn 90. Just Kidding. Lol! I'll subscribe before then. :).

I hope you achieve your dreams long before you turn 90. Just.....you know.....keep doing it even when you're 90. Put up a webcam in your nursing home with you sitting in your rocking chair playing Battlefield 32. People gonna love it my dude!

Take Care! :).
You know what. You're right haha! I'm gonna do that! You just made my day with that comment

That seems a long way off right now, if it'll ever happen at all, but I would love to do youtube full time if I could. For me, even 20,000 a year would be enough of a persuasion to take that plunge. I would also probably strive to do extra things on the side to make extra money and to diversify a bit creatively, but that audience would be a great asset for future associations.

I'll say that I'd love to be doing what I do on my channel as a full-time gig, but I'm not sure if I'd want to do it necessarily on YouTube as a full-time gig, if that makes sense. YouTube is just a platform, and platforms come and go, and as we've seen with the recent difficulties with monetization, it's also really volatile in terms of knowing what to expect, revenue-wise. Add to that the fact that viewers have a direct link to you in the form of comments and other social media, and many of them are....not nice, let's say? And I think it's a great place for me to put the work I do in this format, but I don't think I'd want to be a "YouTuber" as a profession.

I would love for YouTube to be my full time job but I would definitely do somethings on the side through my brand on YouTube so its not just YouTube providing me money. I plan on making my own merch, makeup for my supporters and going on tour if I am lucky enough with the opportunity to have YouTubing be my full time job :angel:

No! I do all my YouTube stuff while I'm working! If I'm home I can't do it! Now if I could get serious money from YouTube and keep the job, all right!

I was just wondering, if everything works well for you and your channel will you still choose Youtube as your main job or it's just a means to an end?

I mean I'm not going to lie....it would be nice! However I'm way too much of a control freak to leave my monetary income up to fate! If things ever "took off" I would still stay employed at least part time somewhere!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind YouTube to be a job in the future. But there is also the fact on once you start getting paid to do something even though yoou loved it before, you just kind of, well stop getting the same amount of enjoyment as before and you won't ever reach that enjoyment again. So if it ever did become my job or the oppertunity did come up, there would be lots of thinking before hand, and a backup of some sort. I do plan on going to university though so that does help with a backup I guess. So yeah I currently don't have a true yes or no, I would probably need to think and decide as the option came up.

Back