How to Get Your Channel to 100 Subs!

I was born this way? haha Actually a lot of researching on the net, plus a fair amount of trial and error.

So I went back and watched your ad. It isn't a bad video, but you want to remember to "show not tell." Your ad tells them why your channel is good, but it should also be a good example. Show some good gameplay, maybe start out with a valuable quick-tip, something that will hook them visually as well. Also, not hating on the console, but Wii U is not a selling factor for most viewers. It may even scare off people in the xbox and playstation community. I would leave the console out of it completely to make your impact more broad. Also, I like the "cutting to the chase" part, but ironically you do not get to your first point until the video is half over. Start out with a quick introduction, and then a compelling reason they should sub. Try to get it in before that first 5 seconds, because that is all you are guaranteed to get (after that they can skip).

Hmm alright. I've been brainstorming and I will come up with a new ad soon, I will more than likely follow your own ad example. I think your current ad is very effective, as I remember when I was watching it I thought of how bad mine was loool. It hooks you right away, when you say, "You won't wanna miss it."

I'm striving to more or less, implicate the positive's of your ad into my own.

Regarding the WiiU though, unfortunately its the only console I currently have, and all the videos on my channel pertain to it. In fact, even my avatar, which I'm trying to make my brand, is related to WiiU and Nintendo. For this reason, I'm actually going to stick with the WiiU brand.

I've envisioned my new ad to go somewhat like this:

"What's up everybody it's bSMPlays, and don't you dare click off this ad just yet, you won't wanna miss it."

After that initial hook, I haven't worked out the specifics, but I'll mention that I upload daily content of WiiU games, and emphasize that my channel is based on Blind Let's Plays.Then I may mention a specific LPs I'm currently doing like Super Mario 3D World, and Tropical Freeze. I'll make sure to have gameplay of these games in the back.

Then to end off with a brief closing statement of, "Be sure to click on screen to go to my channel and subscribe if you like what you see."

This time, I'll make sure this ad is of utmost quality, so if it's okay with you, I was going to upload it privately first, and get it peer-reviewed (so to say) from you.

Thanks for your help Ohaple! I look forward to every one of your videos, and honestly your my Youtube mentor xD.

Hmm alright. I've been brainstorming and I will come up with a new ad soon, I will more than likely follow your own ad example. I think your current ad is very effective, as I remember when I was watching it I thought of how bad mine was loool. It hooks you right away, when you say, "You won't wanna miss it."

I'm striving to more or less, implicate the positive's of your ad into my own.

Regarding the WiiU though, unfortunately its the only console I currently have, and all the videos on my channel pertain to it. In fact, even my avatar, which I'm trying to make my brand, is related to WiiU and Nintendo. For this reason, I'm actually going to stick with the WiiU brand.

I've envisioned my new ad to go somewhat like this:

"What's up everybody it's bSMPlays, and don't you dare click off this ad just yet, you won't wanna miss it."

After that initial hook, I haven't worked out the specifics, but I'll mention that I upload daily content of WiiU games, and emphasize that my channel is based on Blind Let's Plays.Then I may mention a specific LPs I'm currently doing like Super Mario 3D World, and Tropical Freeze. I'll make sure to have gameplay of these games in the back.

Then to end off with a brief closing statement of, "Be sure to click on screen to go to my channel and subscribe if you like what you see."

This time, I'll make sure this ad is of utmost quality, so if it's okay with you, I was going to upload it privately first, and get it peer-reviewed (so to say) from you.

Thanks for your help Ohaple! I look forward to every one of your videos, and honestly your my Youtube mentor xD.

Well that's very kind of you, thanks. :)
My ad is ok, but it still leaves lots of room for improvement.
Think back on the 3 videos that you were most proud of. Make sure the qualities in those come through in your ad. If your channel focuses on wii u exclusives, make sure your target group reflects that. You only want to show up to wii users.

I would not go too much into the specifics of content. Often a quick teaser or funny clip can be more intriguing. As I learned from woodysgamertag "they don't subscribe because of the video, they subscribe because of your entire body of work" so make sure that your channel keeps up great content so when they click on your ad to see your channel, they will see other awesome videos.
Also, I think the example in this video is my old ad. My new one can be seen here for reference:

It seems when I put a budget of, for example 2 USD a day. It charges me 7 USD in 2 days for 848 impressions and 181 views. I thought it wouldn't go over the daily budget? Unless it charges me more if the ad gets "viewed/clicked on".

I also somewhat followed your format, particularly the first 10 seconds if your trailer.

I think you are mistaking the $ served for the $ charged. Double check your daily budget. They will not charge you over the daily budget, but sometimes they will serve more value than your budget allows. Just think of it as free ad impressions. When the end of the month comes and you pay, check the payment, it should be exactly your daily budget x the number of days it ran.

Hey Ohaple, I started another campaign with an ad I spent quite a bit of time to make. Just curious if you think it'll work.

Here's the ad:

I have so far begun advertising my channel trailer, spending 3.50 a day for about a week now, and to be honest, the results are a bit uninspiring, getting a new sub every few days or so. While, I'm not giving up on it, and my channel trailer is perhaps not the greatest, I have to add that going this route is not a definite answer for increased growth.

Nice ad bsm!
@Davis Fang I don't share your skepticism. Maybe your expectations are too high?

When I have done it I have ended up with at least one or more sub per dollar. Sometimes more like 10. This is much more than the natural growth I got at the time, meaning it jumped me ahead one or two months in growth. Now that I am gaining about 1500 monthly subs, it is easy to see the benefit. Think time, not subs. I didn't buy an ad for 80 subs, I bought an ad to get 1500 monthly subs a month sooner. Basically, the ad was "worth" as many subs as you gain on your last month on YouTube.
This is why ads don't work as well for larger channels, if I get 80 subs now that is only like 2 days of a jump, which isn't a huge gain.
Also, I recommend spending the minimum amount and running the ad longer, not more $$ per day, because over-serving will make it a better value. Also might be the quality of your ad, idk.

Nice ad bsm!
@Davis Fang I don't share your skepticism. Maybe your expectations are too high?

When I have done it I have ended up with at least one or more sub per dollar. Sometimes more like 10. This is much more than the natural growth I got at the time, meaning it jumped me ahead one or two months in growth. Now that I am gaining about 1500 monthly subs, it is easy to see the benefit. Think time, not subs. I didn't buy an ad for 80 subs, I bought an ad to get 1500 monthly subs a month sooner. Basically, the ad was "worth" as many subs as you gain on your last month on YouTube.
This is why ads don't work as well for larger channels, if I get 80 subs now that is only like 2 days of a jump, which isn't a huge gain.
Also, I recommend spending the minimum amount and running the ad longer, not more $$ per day, because over-serving will make it a better value. Also might be the quality of your ad, idk.

I'll be trying this ad out for a week. Set my max per day at $1.07. So far no conversions/subs at all, so I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong. I'll wait until a week before I make a judgement though.

Do you recommend display network keywords?

Right now for targets I have 18 keywords, and 3 interests.

Again, hard for me to know exactly what is going wrong with the ads... I have has success the 4 times I have done it

Back