Gamer
I make a video everyday so most of these dont apply to me lol

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wow, you really sound annoyed CoolMoo5 :D

The best way how to do self promotion is like in the advertisement.
The best advertisement is the advertisement you don't even realize that it is advertisement.
If you write "Watch my awesome new video!!!!" everyone will be annoyed.
But if you write funny or intelligent comments, people will have a good view on you and will more probably check out your channel.
I for example sometimes go through many video dslr tutorials and answer all the technical questions people have, which the big youtubers are to busy to answer. I can't give numbers but I can imagine very well that this draws good attention to my channel and the whole community benefits from it.

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow, you really sound annoyed CoolMoo5 :D

The best way how to do self promotion is like in the advertisement.
The best advertisement is the advertisement you don't even realize that it is advertisement.
If you write "Watch my awesome new video!!!!" everyone will be annoyed.
But if you write funny or intelligent comments, people will have a good view on you and will more probably check out your channel.
I for example sometimes go through many video dslr tutorials and answer all the technical questions people have, which the big youtubers are to busy to answer. I can't give numbers but I can imagine very well that this draws good attention to my channel and the whole community benefits from it.
What would I be annoyed about? This is all mostly a joke. The only one I am truly annoyed with is people who comment saying to subscribe and check out their channel when they have no videos at all. Overall, if you want to self promote your are allowed to, but if you going to promote at least have videos on your channel for me to check out, otherwise whats the point? And I do think writing funny and intelligent comments is the way to go. And answering questions on dslr tutorials is great for you but you also are helping other people in the process.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Gobble

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
These are legit as hell, I don't do this or have this happen on my channel, but it is annoying to see it on other channels.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have half a brain you wouldn't do those things to begin with. Nothing annoys me more than someone spamming their video in the comment section when it has absolutely nothing to do with mine (or the video I am watching). I have deleted a blatant self promotion before, and will again. If it doesn't add to the video you just watched, don't bother posting. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother posting. However, if you feel the need to thumb down a video, please do post and tell the uploaded why you thumbed it down so the creator can learn from his mistake. (I am well aware most thumb downs are troll related... to bad that most those trolls don't know that it actually increases the chances of that video to end up in a search result).

Luceroboy

LooseArrowBoy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
If you're going to self promote by comments I'd do it like this.
Make your Icon promote yourself already. I have a gaming channel so it's a picture of me with a headset dead giveaway.
Alter your username. So (yourchannelname)+niche. So if I wanted LooseArrowBoyGaming... a little much, but some people might like that.

Because of what I stated above you don't even have to allude to your channel or self promote just comment!

*Big tip* Reply to comments on popular channels. Make comments on smaller channels
On big channels you'll get drowned out like no tomorrow, but replies is a guaranteed view by the OP.
Smaller channels your comment will definitely standout.

Reactions: CoolMoo5

Vertico

Reaction score
I don't self promote on people's channels anyway :)

I make relevant comments and sometimes people come to my channel, it's not as annoying for other people and I don't feel as bad for it :)

Alfred Bengal

Reaction score
Thanks for warning me. I will have to make sure I don't do this to my channel. I probably won't self promote through comments all together.

nikkisy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really good tips! But seriously number 3!?! Are people really that desperate and low? Just Wow.
Rightttt, I think it takes more time to create fake accounts than to work on promoting your channel haha. (plus, mass effect is the best thing ever in my life, and garrus was my all time partner, I needed to say that haha)

About the self promoting, I actually find it pretty annoying when you read a comment saying only to go and check their channel. If you'r gonna self promote yourself, at least, say something relevant to the video your spamming too.
I don't know, my opinion.