Don't Monetize Your Videos.....

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think I'm safe on this. I make 98% of everything in my videos, any images I use come straight from Google (I stayed away from the Tollface in the video in my signature, so I put a picture of an old guy in because Trollface might be copyright, I think the old guy fits the video better). The music is from NewGround.com/audio and the sound effects are all from FreeSound.org - I even have 3 sound effects I uploaded.

the1janitor

subscribe if you like my hair
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
trollface is definitely not copyrighted. and if someone tried to copyright it the internet would probably pwn them.
at any rate, I have a video on my channel which contains the trollface (among other rage faces) which was reviewed by YouTube, and approved for monetization.

SHAMELESS

Asia Jordan-Harris

Reaction score
We have not monetized our videos yet either as we're hoping to sign with a network and we heard its almost impossible to sign with one while you have adsense.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have not monetized our videos yet either as we're hoping to sign with a network and we heard its almost impossible to sign with one while you have adsense.
Any network can partner you with a adsense enabled account. The ones who say you must not have monetization enabled (the smaller networks) are just CMS partnering people and youtube don't know who they are. They say you must not have it enabled is because when you contact network support to terminate your adsense, they won't do it because it is not a network or a "registered" network anyway.

Robert

Reaction score
I had my videos monetized when YouTube let me start monetizing. But I got thinking lately to just deactivate all my monetized videos because it's a pure waste to even try it in my opinion if you're not really that popular yet (me for example), which I've now done. ;P

I think it's best to gain some popularity, make sure to have your own content, and be partnered.

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
Not sure if someone said this but not only can copyright get you in trouble with Adsense but the main issue is "click bombing". If you or anyone else continuously clicks the ads they act like your trying to cheat the system and blacklist your Adsense account. When this happens that account and channel associated with it cannot be partnered.

epiem

Achieve. Create. Inspire.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
This is good advice but served in the wrong way.

Try this to be successful:

Monetize your videos, but:
- Do not steal
- Do not use copyrighted material
- Make sure the game company allows use of their footage for advertising (for example: blizzard ent. does but only if you are a partner)
- Make your own music to go along with the video
- Ask some who makes their own music to collab with you on the video (you both get subs this way as you drive people to each others channel)

As long as you follow those guidelines, you should have no problems at all.

And yes, you CAN make money from monetization! You can make a lot if your videos are getting views!

humnut

Reaction score
Under your bed, making that creepy sound!
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is good advice but served in the wrong way.

Try this to be successful:

Monetize your videos, but:
- Do not steal
- Do not use copyrighted material
- Make sure the game company allows use of their footage for advertising (for example: blizzard ent. does but only if you are a partner)
- Make your own music to go along with the video
- Ask some who makes their own music to collab with you on the video (you both get subs this way as you drive people to each others channel)

As long as you follow those guidelines, you should have no problems at all.

And yes, you CAN make money from monetization! You can make a lot if your videos are getting views!
That seems to be the smart way of doing it. And if you qualify for all of that, there doesn't seem to be any downside of monetizing your stuff.

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very informative thread! I got offered partnership on my very small channel, I have 72 subscribers and decided to monetize my videos. I think I might take off monetization until I grow my audience.

mediamotiofx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
my adsence is always getting closed, inadverted clicks?
i made one two days ago they shut it down again the adsence but still have monetize setting open on youtube acount but the acount was disabeled, i am making a new one on adsence to see if i can get this stupid shiit right i am p****d off with youtube and google.
something so easy its so stupid dificult????