Do you receive you payments on time from Creative Nation?

• Yes every time

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Never on time

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your unlink date out of curiosity?
8th of August. I just got my last payment for that month.

Me neither I think they did at one point, maybe 2 years ago. I just wonder when the ship will sink at this point, I cannot see many wanting to partner with them not that they even can easily with their homepage being like it is. I think their goal now will be to protect the Facts channel, it may be that Facts now supports the MCN/company.
I did notice the other day they have removed all their videos from the Creative Nation YouTube Channel.

8th of August. I just got my last payment for that month.

I did notice the other day they have removed all their videos from the Creative Nation YouTube Channel.

Thanks David, we unlinked on the 10th or 8th, it was one of those dates. Not had our last payment through yet here.

I know they stopped uploading there a long time ago, maybe the company is going to disappear soon enough or get bought out.

I just had my final payment come through. I believe my unlink date was September 2nd. Though, I could be wrong. But let me tell you how good it feels to finally be free from CN.

But just out of curiosity, does anyone have any information on Studio 71?

I just had my final payment come through. I believe my unlink date was September 2nd. Though, I could be wrong. But let me tell you how good it feels to finally be free from CN.

But just out of curiosity, does anyone have any information on Studio 71?

They seem a pretty solid network as they focus more on the quality than the quantity of the channels they sign in.

But when I was negotiating with them they refused to go under the 10% adsense cut, and that for me was a deal breaker.

I try to check up from time to time. Oh my god people are still sticking with Creative Nation! It looks like some do YouTube full time. How do they pay their rent or mortgage etc? Why do this to yourself? Some guy called GameVodss has not been paid in months and Shane ignores him. I have been with ScaleLab a few months now. It's an 80% revenue share instead of 90% revenue with Creative Nation, but they pay on time. They also give me a decent dashboard and vidIQ. No MCN is perfect, and I am sure someone could recommend to me a better network, but at least there are not CN.

The 90% revenue share isn't worth it guys! Please, leave now!

Yep agreed with david
I am not payed 6/8 months no money
You must uploud copyright strike to leave early if you being ignored don't waste your time just disable montize and upluod one copyright to have a strike to leave easy way as my situation I wait 5 months for resposc and I build anthor channel with this period of time and now I am with freedom at least they pay even +1000$
But CN keep withholed $$$$ if you reach 1000$ a month they will not pay you
And unlink not easy so please don't think about 90% they will pay you 09%

I try to check up from time to time. Oh my god people are still sticking with Creative Nation! It looks like some do YouTube full time. How do they pay their rent or mortgage etc? Why do this to yourself? Some guy called GameVodss has not been paid in months and Shane ignores him. I have been with ScaleLab a few months now. It's an 80% revenue share instead of 90% revenue with Creative Nation, but they pay on time. They also give me a decent dashboard and vidIQ. No MCN is perfect, and I am sure someone could recommend to me a better network, but at least there are not CN.

The 90% revenue share isn't worth it guys! Please, leave now!

Yep, unfortunately it seems like the issues haven't disappeared yet. Trying to run a business under Creative Nation has become virtually impossible, because it's hard to keep things going if the money that's supposed to cover your costs doesn't come in. They haven't paid me for 3 months (month number 4 should come through this week), and I'm definitely not the only one. Sometimes support e-mails are being answered, but promises aren't being fulfilled. I am also still owed direct sold revenues from March of this year onwards.

Out of respect for Shane, the company and everyone who (used to) work there I had always refrained from publicly posting in threads like this one. I worked with Creative Nation for approximately 3.5 years now, but the way they recently have been handling me, the co-owners of my company, the creators I work with as well as other partners, has led me to cross that line.

What I find the most concerning about the whole situation is the selectiveness with which the support team, but especially the CEO Shane is responding to people. For instance, a certain issue arose in May of this year (which would in the end require a payment from Creative Nation to me), and communication about that was virtually impossible. For a while I communicated through other CN employees, but after they fired some staff earlier this year that became impossible too. It seems that whenever large sums of money are involved, Creative Nation goes quiet. Multiple creators with large channels, both those I work with directly as well as some others on the CN forums, have indicated that they weren't paid for several months.

It isn't the people who earn a few extra dollars from YouTube each month who are suffering from non-payment- it's big creators who are trying to make a living and make costs in running a business that are the victims.

I really hope Creative Nation gets back on track very soon. The only plausible explanation I see for all the recent issues is that the company is in some financial s***. If they are, I hope they will at the very least learn to be honest about it, because this flow of excuses, lies and ignoring can't continue forever.

Thanks for the post, Joost

I was lucky I was a very small channel, so not a big loss for them. Even before the 30 days, I was released from CN. The big channels are really getting hit badly.

The selectiveness is a big issue. I saw people complaining about it on the CN forum. Avtex Sports and LZN TV always seem to get their questions answered. While GameVodss and many others are completely ignored. It's only going to get a lot worse if Shane does not change his ways.

Is Creative Nation a one-man band now? Does Shane work from home?

Thanks for the post, Joost

I was lucky I was a very small channel, so not a big loss for them. Even before the 30 days, I was released from CN. The big channels are really getting hit badly.

The selectiveness is a big issue. I saw people complaining about it on the CN forum. Avtex Sports and LZN TV always seem to get their questions answered. While GameVodss and many others are completely ignored. It's only going to get a lot worse if Shane does not change his ways.

Is Creative Nation a one-man band now? Does Shane work from home?
I don't think it's a one-man band yet. My interactions with support are usually with a guy called Darragh, and a friend visited the Creative Nation office just a month ago to star in a Facts video (their in-house channel). They still have quite a lot of people working for that channel too, not sure about the network though.

Just a little update though: a large creator who had payment issues just received a CurrencyFair e-mail to claim his payment. Honestly I am hugely relieved right now, and I really do hope that this is a good sign for what's to come. I'll update if anything happens!

Just a little update though: a large creator who had payment issues just received a CurrencyFair e-mail to claim his payment. Honestly I am hugely relieved right now, and I really do hope that this is a good sign for what's to come. I'll update if anything happens!

That's good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back