2013 LAYOUT THREAD (all posts about the new layout go here)

i`m thinking that slowly theyr taking away all of the customizations and only the really priviledge can customize certain things
Taking away all of the customizations and only being able to customize certain things?

That made absolutely no sense.

Someone has probably already said this before, but I'm too lazy to skim through 18 pages of posts.
Anyways, the new layout is nothing all that new. Every 8 months or so, YouTube changes the layout, everyone gets mad, and then we all shut up and get used to it. It happened in 2011, last year, this year, and will most likely continue in the future. So yeah, we'll all moan and groan about it for a few weeks, and then move on to the next thing to complain about. Even though I hate the new layout and think that it's bland and boring, I'll probably be begging for it by the end of the year.

Someone has probably already said this before, but I'm too lazy to skim through 18 pages of posts.
Anyways, the new layout is nothing all that new. Every 8 months or so, YouTube changes the layout, everyone gets mad, and then we all shut up and get used to it. It happened in 2011, last year, this year, and will most likely continue in the future. So yeah, we'll all moan and groan about it for a few weeks, and then move on to the next thing to complain about. Even though I hate the new layout and think that it's bland and boring, I'll probably be begging for it by the end of the year.
You are actually right. I am afraid that with the next layout you could only change the title of your channel xD

Banner. YouTube made it so f*cking (sorry for swearing) complicated to upload a F*CKING simple banner! What you need to do is make a 2120x1192 picture and right at the center of it put text or stuff you want to show. The system is pretty complicated. The easiest way to do it, is to download a photoshop template (I got one, tell me if want it) with the correct markers and sizes, and just add text into the center and maybe change the background and add other stuff! If you need help, I can tell you my skype and I could walk you trough :)
ah thankyou,
cus im so totally usless and dont even have photoshop a guy that does design and that offerd to make me one, tho its obviosly wrong cus he didnt use the template and now my channel looks like crap ><
its so annoying that it wont just take like a freaking normal file or something 'sigh'

Download paint.net. its free and does wonders.
Sorry to say, but paint.net is not so good. It has horrible layer management options, and it is well known that it actually compresses the picture while exporting to save some room on your hard drive, what makes the quality be horrible.

ah thankyou,
cus im so totally usless and dont even have photoshop a guy that does design and that offerd to make me one, tho its obviosly wrong cus he didnt use the template and now my channel looks like crap ><
its so annoying that it wont just take like a freaking normal file or something 'sigh'
Also, if you need help, tell me! I am very happy to help anyone! :)

Back