2013 LAYOUT THREAD (all posts about the new layout go here)

TBH I'm a fan of the new design. Hopefully the next update will allow us to change the white space to a gradient or something not so flat.

I see a lot of people who are against this new layout, but in my opinion, I actually really, really like it haha. I know the design aspect has been dimmed, but there are so many other possibilities that have been added. I love the Channel Trailer Idea, it is something I look forward to making for my own channel soon.

argh help !? my banner is being cut off and i wana try and move it and it wont let me move it to where i want it !? >.< helphelp

I don't really like the idea that much for a number of reasons.
  • The backgrounds are now gone and you cant image map the banner on the new one.
  • Everything feels a lot more clunky and cluttered.
  • Only able to overlay one link on the banner. Unless it is social networking sites which many are useless.
  • Related channels which does not but promote already large channels - useless
  • No featured video player, means people missing out on content.
  • What to watch is just a random display of videos in no order whatsoever.
  • The 3 windows at the top of the screen all show the same exact content. Recent activity, recent uploads - same thing lol.
  • Playlists beginning from first video in playlist, since it only shows a few videos you then have to go and search through the entire playlist to find the latest video.
  • More focus on new subscribers rather than current subscribers.
  • More of a social aspect than just viewing YouTube videos now.
I honestly think YouTube should of polled people on if they wanted the new design or not. All they seem to do is take bigger YouTubers and use them as exposure for the new design. And they make it out to be glorious, I wish they would consider the whole of YouTube when creating this design. :/

I didnt know wheter to make a new thread or just come here, but does anyone know if they is a was to change the video tab? When i go my video tabs, the private and unlisted videos appear aswell. Is there a way to change that?

argh help !? my banner is being cut off and i wana try and move it and it wont let me move it to where i want it !? >.< helphelp
Banner. YouTube made it so f*cking (sorry for swearing) complicated to upload a F*CKING simple banner! What you need to do is make a 2120x1192 picture and right at the center of it put text or stuff you want to show. The system is pretty complicated. The easiest way to do it, is to download a photoshop template (I got one, tell me if want it) with the correct markers and sizes, and just add text into the center and maybe change the background and add other stuff! If you need help, I can tell you my skype and I could walk you trough :)

In my opinion, the new layout is pretty much trash! Ok, let's look at it like this.
BEFORE:
You could change:
  • Background color
  • Transparency of sections
  • Fonts
  • Colors of text and a lot of other sections
You could:
  • Move sections around
  • Have cool stuff like 'poll' system (kinda like a poll system xD)
And partners:
  • Could have a custom banner
  • Custom thumbnails
  • Custom picture near the subscribe button
  • Have an own section that you could add (put in text or picture with links)
NOW:
You can change:
  • A banner
You can:
  • Have 'sections' where you can add playlists or recent activity or uploads
Partners:
  • DON'T HAVE ANYTHING SPECIAL!!!
Only 1 good thing is this 'trailer' for unsubscribed people.

I HOPE YOUTUBE WILL OPEN THEIR EYES!

ok so let me think about this ... bouth partner and non partner now have the same features and nothing diferent the one from the other ... ok ... all equality ... seems legit ... but you can only customize one thing switch is the banner ... ok so some designers are going out of jobs for the backgrownd bcuz its easyer to make the banner ... oh well that means more competition and diferent styles will pop up ... and now the thing that moust interested me is "The Intro Video" in my opinion the intro video will have lots to do with the new youtube era bcuz its gona be the new signature not just the backgrownd but now moving pictures lol ... and i am actualy looking forward to see what ppl are gona invent for the intro video bcuz ppl are gona notice that its gona have a major impact for theyr channels

ok so let me think about this ... bouth partner and non partner now have the same features and nothing diferent the one from the other ... ok ... all equality ... seems legit ... but you can only customize one thing switch is the banner ... ok so some designers are going out of jobs for the backgrownd bcuz its easyer to make the banner ... oh well that means more competition and diferent styles will pop up ... and now the thing that moust interested me is "The Intro Video" in my opinion the intro video will have lots to do with the new youtube era bcuz its gona be the new signature not just the backgrownd but now moving pictures lol ... and i am actualy looking forward to see what ppl are gona invent for the intro video bcuz ppl are gona notice that its gona have a major impact for theyr channels
Yes. There are some people on da youtubez who know really cool tricks with the whole youtubez mathingy. They find interesting tricks and exploit them. I am pretty sure they will do something very cool with the new intro feature! :D

Yes. There are some people on da youtubez who know really cool tricks with the whole youtubez mathingy. They find interesting tricks and exploit them. I am pretty sure they will do something very cool with the new intro feature! :D
my only concern is that youtube will turn in to a second television in the end and thats gona burn out VERY fast ... so i dunno if this is really a good step what they did

Back