1080p Is It Worth It?

1080p, it adds professionalism. Many people with bigger screens watch in 1080p and it gives them great quakity, and 1080 also changes the sound quality, so yes it is better to render at 1080p :D
It gives viewers a little option :D

Yes, I think 1080p is really worth it! People would wanna watch quality videos and enjoy the time that you take to render them. :)

I guess it also depends on the quality of the screen/monitor the viewer is using.

1080p = 1080p. It dosnt matter which kind of monitor you have (Plasma, LCD, LED). Since there solution is 1080p and youre source is HDMI there isnt any different between them.

1080p = 1080p. It dosnt matter which kind of monitor you have (Plasma, LCD, LED). Since there solution is 1080p and youre source is HDMI there isnt any different between them.

Respectfully disagree. The quality of a screen can drastically alter the quality of the picture. If they were the same what makes one HD screen differ from another? Some are brighter, more vivid, and have better response times etc.
Ive seen full 1080p HD monitors from cheaper manufacturers that give rubbish quality in comparisoon to a better spec 1080p panel, such as the Apple Display, for example.
LEDs are slightly brighter then LCDs, whereas Plasmas have much better, darker, blacks and brighter whites then LCDs, by far.

If I had a better cam I would upload in full 1080p HD res, for the people who have the bandwidth, and monitor/TV with the capable resoultions, it is worth it. Most mid range laptops use 720p displays anywayz and you wont tell the difference from a fullscreen 1080p video compared to a 720p video because the 1080p video would be scaled down. The monitor just doesnt have the pixels to show it all. But on a monitor capable of it, ALL videophile's out there can tell you there is a difference. So I say if you have the time and capability to make it an option... it couldnt hurt. I watch 720p on my laptop because my display cant show 1080p BUT on my HTPC I always view anything in 1080p if theres an options as I have my HDTV hooked up to it. ;)

Respectfully disagree. The quality of a screen can drastically alter the quality of the picture. If they were the same what makes one HD screen differ from another? Some are brighter, more vivid, and have better response times etc.
Ive seen full 1080p HD monitors from cheaper manufacturers that give rubbish quality in comparisoon to a better spec 1080p panel, such as the Apple Display, for example.
LEDs are slightly brighter then LCDs, whereas Plasmas have much better, darker, blacks and brighter whites then LCDs, by far.

1080 pixels on screen is 1080 pixels on screen. That DOES NOT change. Ever. The quality of those pixels is different everywhere, but that is no reason not to go 1080p, because lower resolutions will only look worse.

1080 pixels on screen is 1080 pixels on screen. That DOES NOT change. Ever. The quality of those pixels is different everywhere, but that is no reason not to go 1080p, because lower resolutions will only look worse.

Yes, the resolution does not change, but I was referring to the QUALITY of the panel, which in turn affects the quality of the video being played.

Back