1080p Is It Worth It?

DiabolicMenace

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You know, I've often wondered if I should stop uploading in 1080p to save time as well. I've always just done it because I figured people would want it, but here I've found a surprising split. How interesting. I still can't decide, but either way, I've enjoyed reading this thread.

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You know, I've often wondered if I should stop uploading in 1080p to save time as well. I've always just done it because I figured people would want it, but here I've found a surprising split. How interesting. I still can't decide, but either way, I've enjoyed reading this thread.
Personally, I think it comes down to your rendering times and capabilities, as well as you upload times.

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Personally, I think it comes down to your rendering times and capabilities, as well as you upload times.
Yeah, 1080p takes a really long time to render especially if it's something that's more than 20 minutes long. But, I think it's worth it.

Shoninyastube

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, 1080p takes a really long time to render especially if it's something that's more than 20 minutes long. But, I think it's worth it.
i think so too! and in an other thread the most of you sayed they upload just 3 videos a week or 1 a day. so you have time enough for rendering a video in 1080p.
i would say youre subscriber would thank you. cause they got the choice!
back then in school. every boys act up with there internet speed, there dsl and so on. everyone of them i know would watch a video in 1080p if they have the choice. just because the can! ;)

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Personally I think it boils down to:

1. The quality of your recording device - camera, lens, etc, and whether it can capture good 1080p footage. Some cameras capture 1080p, so the resolution is there, but the actual image quality is poor, so you maybe better off dropping to 720p but getting a better quality, sharper, image.
2. The capabilities of your editing machine with regards to rendering times. If you have a reasonably high spec machine and can put up with the wait during rendering, then why not?
3. Your upload speed due to the larger file size. Obviously full 1080p video produces larger file sizes, which need to be uploaded through the main bottleneck in the process - your upload speed.
3. Giving your viewers the choice between resolutions. Remember, quality is desirable over resolution - high resolution doesnt always mean better quality. Ensure the quality is still high at 1080p.

callam woolgar

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
most of the time I don't really see the difference in quality and rendering in 1080p takes alot longer than in 720p so there's not much point really

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
most of the time I don't really see the difference in quality and rendering in 1080p takes alot longer than in 720p so there's not much point really

There is a real difference for those who correcly renders theirs videos.

If video are rendering in 1080p , 8K mini bitrate, you will see a big diff.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
there's not much difference unless you are cropping. I currently put all my videos up as 1080p but i'm thinking about only making the important ones such as short films in full hd

sn4g

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
my opinion is give the viewer the option of watching via 1080p or 720p Its worth it