1080p Is It Worth It?

1080p is only better if I have my MacBook & Apple TV synced together. Then I can watch YouTube videos on my TV and it's worth it. It looks like a window, it's soo... chrisp. But overall I would say it's not really worth it, if your watching it on your computer. I mean yeah, there maybe a slight difference. But overall, it slows down the video 85% of the time. So I just watch it in 720p. But if I can get it to play smoothly in 1080p, I'll play it in 1080p. It all comes down to what device the person is watching the video on. You DON'T HAVE TO upload in 1080p, but it's nice to have the option.

I liek to give people the option, and for my last few videos Ive been uploading in 1080p.
Of course, it helps when you can upload through work - 2.5GB files uploaded in 8 minutes ;)

There`s a HUGE difference , I always watch in 1080p if I can.
It depends though, like if you record a game in 720p , then rendering it out in 1080p isn`t going to do anything but waste time.
Same thing if you`re playing a game on low res settings.

All in all I`d prefer 1080p but if not atleast put some nice colour corrections on a 720p video.

It`s not as if it even takes that much long to render, Like on my PC comparing the render times 720p:1080P for a 10 minute video is about 8mins:12mins

There`s a HUGE difference , I always watch in 1080p if I can.
It depends though, like if you record a game in 720p , then rendering it out in 1080p isn`t going to do anything but waste time.
Same thing if you`re playing a game on low res settings.

All in all I`d prefer 1080p but if not atleast put some nice colour corrections on a 720p video.

It`s not as if it even takes that much long to render, Like on my PC comparing the render times 720p:1080P for a 10 minute video is about 8mins:12mins

That's true the difference is minimal.

The resolution mainly depends on what you're recording, for gaming set it so it fits the game graphics and for people I always suggest 1080p.

if my connection can handle it i always watch 1080p and enjoy it. it does depend on the game you are playing though, when i for exampel see a lets play of crysis (best looking game ATM) i would like to see it in 1080p because that game also seriously supports 1080p textures and resolutions, that is ofcourse when played on PC instead of the consoles.

Do you think there may be a "proffesionalism" point to the 1080p angle? Do people rate your channel higher if you record in 1080?
i would not see it as something for professionals, more for people who want to give the best quallity.

I think it would be worth it just because those few people watching it on there tv would greatly benefit from it. I do mine in 1080p just because my computer can handle, and just having the extra option there for people is nice.

I say if you can, do it. To add to the other reasons to do it, in a few years 1080 will be more common and people will be able to enjoy your older videos with high quality.

I say if you can, do it. To add to the other reasons to do it, in a few years 1080 will be more common and people will be able to enjoy your older videos with high quality.
That's true, because the day will come when YouTube introduces 2k, 4k and 8k. Those are the next steps that will be beyond 1080p. 720p and 1080p will be considered low quality. So mind as well aim for 1080p now.

On youtube 720p is really the way to go.
As if a lot of people watch on mobile devices they dont get 1080p anyway, so just wasted space and strain on your PC.
I used to use 1080, but if you just have high settings 720p i see it as much better overall

Back