Hot Topic ** YOUTUBE HEROES (all discussion goes here only) **

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am now seriously looking at YouTube alternatives due to this. I can see one type of abuse being "creator competitors" trying to kill off the competition...
I unfortunately am sticking with YouTube because the network I'm with allows cover song monetizing.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I believe that having a team of well trained flaggers can be a way to cut down on the impact false flagging trolls have. YouTube seems to have made good experience with the trusted flagger program.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, if you don't do anything controversial you have nothing to worry about. A video won't be taken down just because someone flags it. It will go trough a review process before it's taken down, otherwise big YouTubers would be in trouble for many trolls try to flag their videos.

Reactions: XXLRay

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Honestly, if you don't do anything controversial you have nothing to worry about. A video won't be taken down just because someone flags it. It will go trough a review process before it's taken down, otherwise big YouTubers would be in trouble for many trolls try to flag their videos.
I'm curious though if Someone can try flagging a video for copyright. Like say you have permission or are with a network can they flag it?

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm curious though if Someone can try flagging a video for copyright. Like say you have permission or are with a network can they flag it?
Only the copyright owner can flag for copyright violation, and it goes to a separate pool than community guidelines stuff.

If a YouTuber has someone managing their copyright, then that manager can assess copyright claims on their behalf.

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
YouTube always reviews flags. This is not a new thing.
is it a joke?

I can remove any videos with just a false copyright flag. They don't review flags.[DOUBLEPOST=1474882019,1474881562][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't know how youtube works.
Each year big Youtubers are in trouble with youtube system. Some youtube channels were shut down like HowToBasic in 2014, Philip DeFranco, AngryJoShow in 2015, etc

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
is it a joke?

I can remove any videos with just a false copyright flag. They don't review flags.[DOUBLEPOST=1474882019,1474881562][/DOUBLEPOST]

You don't know how youtube works.
Each year big Youtubers are in trouble with youtube system. Some youtube channels were shut down like HowToBasic in 2014, Philip DeFranco, AngryJoShow in 2015, etc
Copyright flags are different as this is legal stuff. All other flags are reviewed.
Not only this, but youtube does NOT decide what DMCA policies for copyright are. So, that's NOT even on YouTube.

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
YouTube apparently replaced their announcement video on the same URL with a different version
Apparently youtube can update their videos and keep the url and views and everything, but we can't.