Hot Topic ** YOUTUBE HEROES (all discussion goes here only) **

This seems like a good idea on paper. Allowing people to get rewarded for getting rid of spam or abusive content. However, the way that people will use it will make it bad. The spam and abuse from this system will get many creators upset. They need to change the way this works. Their should be limit and wait period between reports.

Yeah one of those dislikes is mine too. I think all channels regardless of size would be exposed to abuse from this. It's very telling YT stopped taking comments on that video. I don't think I've seen a backlash like this since they tried to shove Google+ down our throats. I wonder if Bob and his tank will be making a return in the comments anytime soon. ^^
OMG. BOB I had forgotten about that little monster. He took over all the comment sections on youtube for quite awhile. Maybe someone should come up with a HERO ascii.

d8b8674339d5240f5f108f84422add23.png

Wow, thanks for helping the community out :)

Obviously I've already contacted YouTube support staff about this and I'm posting in multiple places, but this is just the start. My block list's approaching about 50 fun characters and it's only growing larger every single day. I will not tolerate any abuse towards my channel and will go to the full extent of the law to ensure any caught admitting to this will pay the price. I mean some little troll, literally this guy's a kid who's probably 11, could destroy a channel that could be my main place of business next year. In my eyes I view anyone who false flags my videos as a criminal. I've been affected by this before where a large channel got a lot of videos taken down over a couple weeks and it was just thousands of dollars out the window.. It's crazy.

Last edited:
You can also directly upload the picture with "upload a file" if that can help. On the topic of the thread itself yes, that's kinda what I expect it will happen with the Youtube Heroes program. And before I get accused of being a Trump supporter (I don't even live in the US so I couldn't care less on the sublject) I expect it to happen on all situations, on all sides.

Hey there! Yeah I'm worried about the YouTube Heroes program being abused as well, glad you were able to deflect that nonsense.

As for linking a picture, trying Gyazo. :) Then it gives you options on what kind of link you want to create. Choose direct.

Thanks, gyazo worked nicely. I don't know why it didn't do it the first time though.. but anyways, now it works :) Yeah the most hilarious part of my channel is I try to give as little politics as possible, however in order to be my most authentic self I do have to reveal it here and now. And people get SO affected by it, it's crazy. The trolls really come out on those videos haha

So, that person's flags will get reviewed. (That's part and parcel of YouTube's heroes). YouTube will see the pattern of that person just flagging people based on disagreement with content. His flags will get rejected, he will not get any points, he will not level up.

In contrast, anyone could easily flag his comment. That flag would also be reviewed. YouTube will see that that flag is addressing a legitimate instance of harassment (not simply disagreement with content). That flag will be sustained, that user will have a community guidelines strike, and the person who flagged his comment will get a point in the YouTube Heroes system.

I don't think this is as big of a change as people are thinking.

Flagging has been around for a long time. Quality flaggers have been invited privately to join the Trusted Flaggers program for a while. There have been community captions for a long time. There has been a YouTube support forum with Top Contributors for a long time.

I think that what YouTube Heroes is doing is it's centralizing these several different resources under one umbrella, making it more public, and formalizing the rewards structure.

I do NOT anticipate that they'll add everyone who requested to enter. Rather, they'll add people who ALREADY have been doing the hard work of flagging videos, providing and reviewing captions, and so on.

It seems like a great idea, however i can easily see it being used to send hate to a lot of content creators for false accusations. Hopefully YouTube does more then just take down a video that's flagged and actually reviews it.

Back