Would love some feedback on my channel or videos, will return favor!

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm hoping my channel is going in the right direction but would love some one on one feedback. Will give you some feedback on your content as well if you want!

projectorgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well not sure how much help I can be since I'm not a huge coffee drinking. (you must really love coffee to do a whole channel on it). I think you've got a good setup for the most part as far as the channel itself goes. Looks like you have the banner, all the relevant links, and other misc stuff down that some people forget. Only thing I can suggest would be to work on your thumbnails some. I see you have little avatars or whatever you want to call them, but a lot of them don't contrast well with the background so it's kinda hard to see them without looking really hard. That's not good for someone that is quickly browsing through search trying to figure out which vid they are gonna click on. On most of mine, if the text im using doesn't contrast well, I'll add a small black rectangle behind the text. You just basically want everything your trying to show in the thumbnail jump out as much as possible. I got some work to do in this area myself. Anyways, hopefully that helped in some way.

riyam

Reaction score
What would make me subscribe to your channel? Well the thumbnails need improving i think, thumbnails are the window to your video: a user sees a good thumbnail, will think the video is good quality too, so less bluriness and maybe add a title or edit to it to make it interesting, and maybe some natural lighting before you take the picture for your thumbnail would make it appear more professional, your banner is okay, i personally would make it more interesting and intriguing but it might be your style and your audience maybe agree with you, thats my 2 cents.
would love if you return the favour :)

Reactions: javacentral

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well not sure how much help I can be since I'm not a huge coffee drinking. (you must really love coffee to do a whole channel on it). I think you've got a good setup for the most part as far as the channel itself goes. Looks like you have the banner, all the relevant links, and other misc stuff down that some people forget. Only thing I can suggest would be to work on your thumbnails some. I see you have little avatars or whatever you want to call them, but a lot of them don't contrast well with the background so it's kinda hard to see them without looking really hard. That's not good for someone that is quickly browsing through search trying to figure out which vid they are gonna click on. On most of mine, if the text im using doesn't contrast well, I'll add a small black rectangle behind the text. You just basically want everything your trying to show in the thumbnail jump out as much as possible. I got some work to do in this area myself. Anyways, hopefully that helped in some way.
Appreciate the tips man! I think that makes you the second person to say that my thumbnail is a bit small so I'll have to adjust it a bit. Your channel banner is pretty good but I think a thumbnail maybe a bit more related to your content would be good. That way, on a glance, someone can get an idea of what you are advertising out there. Your content audio and video is dang near perfect. The content in your videos, at least your latest one, is pretty entertaining and kept me watching it a lot longer than I imagined (considering I'm not a huge fan of lets plays).

AnnaGermanGirl

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Wow, you're really focusing on a niche, huh? That's great! You'll be able to target all kinds of long tail keywords with that.
Here's one thing: I watched your Coffee Butter video and do think it could be more visual. You could cut in close-ups of how you're preparing the coffee butter, for example. With food it's pretty important to appeal visually. People love watching stuff that looks delicious - that's one of the reasons why cooking shows are so popular.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow, you're really focusing on a niche, huh? That's great! You'll be able to target all kinds of long tail keywords with that.
Here's one thing: I watched your Coffee Butter video and do think it could be more visual. You could cut in close-ups of how you're preparing the coffee butter, for example. With food it's pretty important to appeal visually. People love watching stuff that looks delicious - that's one of the reasons why cooking shows are so popular.
I've heard I need to do a more showing of what I do from a couple people so I'll have to do that on my up coming videos for sure! Thanks for the input. I think your channel art could always use an upgrade but as it is right now, it's not too shabby. I'm a big walking dead fan AND I haven't seen fear the walking dead so I had to watch your comparison on it and had to say, I really enjoyed it. You did a wonderful compare and contrast and it had me enthralled and entertained throughout the entire video. Based on that one video, I'd have to say you are on an awesome path and you should keep at it![DOUBLEPOST=1457025092,1457024767][/DOUBLEPOST]
What would make me subscribe to your channel? Well the thumbnails need improving i think, thumbnails are the window to your video: a user sees a good thumbnail, will think the video is good quality too, so less bluriness and maybe add a title or edit to it to make it interesting, and maybe some natural lighting before you take the picture for your thumbnail would make it appear more professional, your banner is okay, i personally would make it more interesting and intriguing but it might be your style and your audience maybe agree with you, thats my 2 cents.
would love if you return the favour :)
My thumbnail is actually a photoshop of a few different pictures I found on the internet but I may have to adjust it a bit more. Your banner is simple but works awesome and the thumbnail isn't too shabby either. I guess both our thumbnails could be a bit more eye catching but I like yours for sure. And, with a medical background, I had to watch the heart video for sure. It was really well done, the ekg on it was pretty darn accurate and my only change would maybe make the music not quite as echo-y and have a nice picture of the end to show off your work. Otherwise, I like the art and you are quite talented.[DOUBLEPOST=1457030055][/DOUBLEPOST]Made an update on the background and thumbnail pictures if you all want to check it out!

Reactions: AnnaGermanGirl

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I wish that your camera quality matched your intro's quality. I know that that probably isn't something you can fix immediately- I have the same issues with my audio. Everyone says it's muffled or echoy and I can't do much about that at the moment. So I get it.
Also, the coffee picture on your banner is blurry and makes me feel dizzy. I wish it were clearer. You could also be using that space better. Fill it up more! :D I like your "good morning to wherever you are" and "java man" little catchphrase thing. I wish I had a cute catch phrase. I'm playing with "saving the world one butthole at a time" I know- lady-like... haha idk. I really don't know.

ANYWAY. I think you are headed in the right direction and you have a neat channel. I like that you have a video of how to taste your coffee. I wondered how that was done!

I know you've probably done this, but I would love a review. My new video actually has something to do with coffee. You may judge the way I make it, but hey IT'S MY COFFEE! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1457912457,1457912321][/DOUBLEPOST]OMG I JUST REALIZED IN YOUR NEWEST VIDEO YOU HAVE A NICE CAMERA. I pay attention...[DOUBLEPOST=1457912479][/DOUBLEPOST]Lookin' good![DOUBLEPOST=1457912626][/DOUBLEPOST]btw "will it creamer" is a great idea.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wish that your camera quality matched your intro's quality. I know that that probably isn't something you can fix immediately- I have the same issues with my audio. Everyone says it's muffled or echoy and I can't do much about that at the moment. So I get it.
Also, the coffee picture on your banner is blurry and makes me feel dizzy. I wish it were clearer. You could also be using that space better. Fill it up more! :D I like your "good morning to wherever you are" and "java man" little catchphrase thing. I wish I had a cute catch phrase. I'm playing with "saving the world one butthole at a time" I know- lady-like... haha idk. I really don't know.

ANYWAY. I think you are headed in the right direction and you have a neat channel. I like that you have a video of how to taste your coffee. I wondered how that was done!

I know you've probably done this, but I would love a review. My new video actually has something to do with coffee. You may judge the way I make it, but hey IT'S MY COFFEE! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1457912457,1457912321][/DOUBLEPOST]OMG I JUST REALIZED IN YOUR NEWEST VIDEO YOU HAVE A NICE CAMERA. I pay attention...[DOUBLEPOST=1457912479][/DOUBLEPOST]Lookin' good![DOUBLEPOST=1457912626][/DOUBLEPOST]btw "will it creamer" is a great idea.
This entire series of comments were hilarious! Thank you for the entire thing!! You really should use that catch phrase. It's probably 4 of 5 times better than mine. I'll take a look at your stuff in a minute, but I'm glad you like the will it creamer idea. Wasn't sure if it was real liked or not[DOUBLEPOST=1457927702][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just saw the coffee video. Not gonna lie, was not expecting tongs. Also expected them to open while in the coffee and have coffee EVERYWHERE.

Reactions: CristyTango

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
This entire series of comments were hilarious! Thank you for the entire thing!! You really should use that catch phrase. It's probably 4 of 5 times better than mine. I'll take a look at your stuff in a minute, but I'm glad you like the will it creamer idea. Wasn't sure if it was real liked or not
For the catchphrase, to make it work I'd have to make a video, like a music video or something so that it would make sense for me to say it I think. I am prett
This entire series of comments were hilarious! Thank you for the entire thing!! You really should use that catch phrase. It's probably 4 of 5 times better than mine. I'll take a look at your stuff in a minute, but I'm glad you like the will it creamer idea. Wasn't sure if it was real liked or not[DOUBLEPOST=1457927702][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just saw the coffee video. Not gonna lie, was not expecting tongs. Also expected them to open while in the coffee and have coffee EVERYWHERE.
OOOOOHHHH. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD! :(

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the catchphrase, to make it work I'd have to make a video, like a music video or something so that it would make sense for me to say it I think. I am prett

OOOOOHHHH. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD! :(
You should totally do it as like a sequel to that video. Be like COFFEE 2- RETURN OF THE TONGS