Willing to help people with Adobe Premiere, Basic Questions!

Arcanum

Arcanum Luminarium
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I exclusively use adobe premiere for all my video editing, and some minor After Effects work. As you can tell with my videos being green screened. If you have a question in regards to premiere feel free to ask. I will attempt to answer them if I know how to.

ChineseIrish

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use premier to edit, so I've worked with it for a while but I know there's a lot I don't know.
So if you've any tips on the following, I'd love it if you could help me out.

1 - Is it possible to make footage play in reverse or is that something that needs to be done in After Effects.

2 - Is it possible to 'animate' the speed of a clip from normal to fast and back to normal? Right now I'm just cutting my clips and adjusting speed/duration.

3 - When it comes to editing sound, if it's really bad I use audition but I'd prefer to be able to do everything in Premier. Beyond just adjusting the volume / gain, is there any other substantial modifications that can be done to improve audio quality?

4 - In the video effects area, theres a folder called something like Lumereti looks or something that are basically templates of different colour corrections. Is there somewhere were I can find more of these templates? I've found them for after effects but not premier.

Cheers.

Arcanum

Arcanum Luminarium
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. Yes to reverse footage, you use the same speed duration function, but just click the radio box that says reverse speed. that will flip the footage.

2. The same thing applies making speed increase and decrease. You use a time remapping function, and apply the changes using keyframes, to adjust the footage up and down as you want. You may need to watch a tutorial on the basics of keyframes to get that. But keyframes unlock all the power of premiere and are relatively easy.

3. Its best to use audition, Just right click on the clip in your timeline, and click edit in audition. It will auto move it to it, then just save in audition and your changes auto appear in premiere footage. Every tool has its uses. I will use premiere for video, audio in audition, unless as you mentioned I am just adjusting volume levels.

4. I personally don't use that for color changes, however I know there are many templates and things at creativecow the website. Not to mention many great tutorials on ways to create your own.

Hope this helped.

Arcanum

Reactions: ChineseIrish

Cruzio Caesar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, when exporting videos onto my pc to upload to youtube, I choose the HDTV 1080p 25 high quality setting. Question is, would i be better doing it as an mpge2 1080p? I just need my videos to be of hd quality when on youtube, but if I'm honest i have no idea what any of these files mean, I'm just like, "well hey, it say hdtv must be good". And yet my videos take like freaking hours to upload. This may just be down to my Internets upload speed though.

Arcanum

Arcanum Luminarium
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, when exporting videos onto my pc to upload to youtube, I choose the HDTV 1080p 25 high quality setting. Question is, would i be better doing it as an mpge2 1080p? I just need my videos to be of hd quality when on youtube, but if I'm honest i have no idea what any of these files mean, I'm just like, "well hey, it say hdtv must be good". And yet my videos take like freaking hours to upload. This may just be down to my Internets upload speed though.
Not sure what your exporting from. I capture my footage with the camera then just copy the footage to the computer in whatever video format it is. Then i pull the footage into premiere and do my edits and save the project file. Once that is complete I open up Adobe Media Encoder. (NEVER RENDER IN PREMIERE IT SUCKS). I then drag and drop the project file into Adobe Media Encoder. On the right hand side there are file types, and there are ones specifically for Youtube, just pick the one that is the same resolution as your footage. That will render it out to an Youtube safe MP4. MP4 videos are always the best.

Btw if there were no edits needed. Then just drag and the drop the video file into Adobe Media Encoder. And continue with the steps as listed above. Hope that made sense.

Arcanum

Cruzio Caesar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you sir! you have helped out a lot. Cheers!