Why is it Wrong to Say You Want to be a Famous YouTuber?

Sophia Calate

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
4 pages long, but I haven't read the correct answer to the question "why is it wrong to say you want to be a famous youtuber" yet.

I can tell you why it is "wrong". It is wrong, because it is not your goal! It is a side-effect which comes together with success. Let me explain it to you with the following example:

Let's replace "I want to be a famous youtuber" with: "I want to be in Hawaii". When I say "I want to be in Hawaii" then how do I get there? I could (theoretically) swim there, go there by ship or by plane. There are many directions that lead me to that point from all over the world. I have multiple options. The smartst way is to work hard so I can buy a ticket and fly there by plane. What I have to do now is: find a job, save money, go to the travel agency, buy a ticket to Hawaii, drive to the airport, get into the plane, fly to Hawaii. THEN you are in Hawaii.

When you want to be famous then set up your YouTube account, learn as much as you can about YouTube settings and businesses, make a plan, analyse your strenght & weaknesses, competitors, market, find a niche, determine your USP and target audience, upload videos constantly, collaborate, keep up the work for at least two years and THEN you might become a successful youtuber! You have to create value for people to get something back. I wrote a detailed tutorial about this section of the "YouTube tips tutorials help guides" section.

arrghgarry

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think most people want to be famous or get some money from it ,if they did not they would keep their videos private,It is a great wway to earn a living making videos and entertaining people and making friends with them.and if you can turn it into something big why not ?

GeniePurple

Genie is a diamond but also fun and random
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
People could think the case is: (Negative way)
1. Think well the person just want to be famous and the content might not feel real or exciting ....
2. Attention seekers to become famous
3. Just doing Youtube for sake of youtube...
4. Not learning just want to be on top

Personally it ok to say you want to be success in what you do, we all do..saying ''famous'' It like dream and aspiration can be... But it thinking how they use it... like fake way to the top, bad way like etc.. making sex tape with a celebrity and posting it around bla bla, to get to the top or actually working hard and getting to becoming well known and become like people Zoella etc...

It depends.. nothing wrong of having high exception just how would you get there and how real you are!

Hope that make sense

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I want to be the best there ever was, have a massive community that find comfort in my content every day and yes earn a living off it. Just cause you want to be successful on youtube doesn't mean you half a** everything, it takes a lot of work to become "famous" you have to have the right talents for the right audience. Everyone that wants to succeed has to work on it, and just don't give up.

Reactions: FunWithTheBugs

Buck

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Basically saying "is it wrong to have aspirations" the answer is no!

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
I want to be the best there ever was, have a massive community that find comfort in my content every day and yes earn a living off it. Just cause you want to be successful on youtube doesn't mean you half a** everything, it takes a lot of work to become "famous" you have to have the right talents for the right audience. Everyone that wants to succeed has to work on it, and just don't give up.
Yes, so true. I don't know why people have this perception that if one of your goals is to be sucessful on YouTube that means you are doing it for the wrong reasons. That it means you aren't creating the best content you can. Heck, it's the reason why I create the best content I can. If I didn't want to grow my channel and be successful then I would be okay half assing everything. I wouldn't be so anal about every small detail. I wouldn't consistently be thinking about YouTube and ways to improve on every video I do. It's part of the drive. I think it keeps you hungry and fresh.

I think most people here want the same thing but are scared to say it like it will jinx them or something or if they don't say it and don't become succesful it's easier to deal with then saying it and failing.[DOUBLEPOST=1479309559,1479309314][/DOUBLEPOST]
4 pages long, but I haven't read the correct answer to the question "why is it wrong to say you want to be a famous youtuber" yet.

I can tell you why it is "wrong". It is wrong, because it is not your goal! It is a side-effect which comes together with success. Let me explain it to you with the following example:

Let's replace "I want to be a famous youtuber" with: "I want to be in Hawaii". When I say "I want to be in Hawaii" then how do I get there? I could (theoretically) swim there, go there by ship or by plane. There are many directions that lead me to that point from all over the world. I have multiple options. The smartst way is to work hard so I can buy a ticket and fly there by plane. What I have to do now is: find a job, save money, go to the travel agency, buy a ticket to Hawaii, drive to the airport, get into the plane, fly to Hawaii. THEN you are in Hawaii.

When you want to be famous then set up your YouTube account, learn as much as you can about YouTube settings and businesses, make a plan, analyse your strenght & weaknesses, competitors, market, find a niche, determine your USP and target audience, upload videos constantly, collaborate, keep up the work for at least two years and THEN you might become a successful youtuber! You have to create value for people to get something back. I wrote a detailed tutorial about this section of the "YouTube tips tutorials help guides" section.
If It's a side effect and not a goal then why is it okay for people to list their goals for subs or views? Shouldn't all that be listed as a side effect as well? It all follows the same path of becoming succesful on YouTube and relies on the same thing. Unless if you are buying your subscribers or views, these are also goals you cannot control so should they also be viewed as side effects?

Reactions: Sophia Calate

Sophia Calate

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If It's a side effect and not a goal then why is it okay for people to list their goals for subs or views?
Because most of these goals for subs or views are realistic assessments and when people start a YouTube Channel and say "I want to be famous" it is not realistic (for 99%) at all. It all follows the same path of becoming successful on YouTube; Yes I agree!
It is not a help for yourself when you say you want to be famous, but it is also not wrong. It is totally okay to say that but it has no value. When people say they want to be a millionaire that is totally the same. If you ask me, so what's better to say then?

Follow your passion and engage on your work 200%. Your passion is not to be a successful YouTuber, but to be good in what you do (best gamer, best car reviewer, best unboxing and so on). There you have something concrete to work on. Once you become the best or at least very good in what you do, then you are successful automatically.

Again: It is absolutely okay to say you want to be a successful YouTuber, but I hear that I see a dreamer in front of me.

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow really great points and comparisons, I completely agree, couldn't have said it any better! If you are making a youtube channel just for easy money and just to be famous you will definitely have a rough journey in life doing something you are not passionate about, and a lot of people say if you're not passionate about youtube then don't do it at all however, youtube has changed, youtube is now jobs for some and people go for jobs they aren't passionate about all the time for financial purposes, you think the majority of people working in factories have a passion for working in factories? I don't know if that's the best comparison but as for me? I think in order to succeed in something big you want in life you have to work for it and something like being youtube famous is something that most times requires a lot of hard work so if someone is working that hard for something at the end of the day you get what you put into this world and as for happiness, that's where choosing to go after your passion comes into play, I love youtube so much, I discovered how amazing the platform was when I discovered nigahiga, his video's make me laugh so hard, and since forever I've had a passion for entertaining and enjoyment for making people laugh, and the more I watched youtube the more amazing channels and genres I discovered on the platform and I am literally in love which is why I am going to put in as much work as my little body can produce to go after my passions, One of being a successful (also known as famous)YouTuber <3 what's your's?

Reactions: Sophia Calate

Sophia Calate

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@Malasia that is a good point! People who go to work and choose their Job because it is their passion in comparisson to: People who go to work and choose their Job because they just want to be able to pay the rent and pay their car off etc.

There are much higher chances that the ones with a passion will become successful!

Reactions: Malasia

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I see it all the time, people always knocking those who say they want to be famous YouTubers. Like it should only be fun and be a hobby and if you get big so be it.

Why is it wrong to want to be big on YouTube as ONE of your reasons to have a YouTube channel? Just because someone strives to be a big YouTuber that doesn't mean they are creating any less quality content, they aren't having fun and they aren't 100% dedicated.

If someone wants to be a rockstar, do we tell them they are playing guitar for the wrong reason? No, they love playing guitar, they practice for hours a day and they want to share their talent with the world. Being a rockstar is part of the whole picture, not the soul purpose of the picture. What about pro athletes, did anyone tell them don't think big. It's wrong to think you want to be a pro athlete? You should only play for fun and not take it seriously.

So why is it wrong for someone to create content and want to be big on YouTube. Why is the guy who says it should just be a fun hobby any better then the person who says if you want to be big on YouTube then go for it.

No, it should not be your only reason to create content but, if you are doing this for hours a day and fully dedicating a lot of time to it, you probably enjoy what you are doing. You want to share your art with as many folks as you can. That's why stats are important to some people, the same way a batting average is important to a baseball player or album sales are important to musicians.

Why is it okay for people to think big in all industries except YouTube? I personally think YouTube is one place where you have more control of what you do and where you can go then any other industry that you can make it big even though only a small amount of people will reach that fame just like any other big famous industry.

Is there anyone here who wouldn't want there channel to big? Is it just cooler to say I don't care if my channel gets big. I totally understand the thought process when people say don't start a channel just because you want to be a famous YouTuber. Start a channel because you have something you want to share with others and you enjoy what you are doing but once that ground work is laid out, why can't you think big?

Ok, roast away but I am just curious on people's thoughts about this.
Really agree with you here ;-; it's sad people try and put down what they don't understand