When should I expect to see revenue (how many views)

Benau

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey all! Benau here,

When should I expect to see revenue? I only have about 300 views total but see estimated earnings less than half a dollar.

When do you usually see an increase?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Try again when you hit 10,000 or more views. Each monetized view will only give you a cent or fraction thereof at this level, and not every view will count as a monetized view.

Keep uploading! Two videos isn't enough to really earn you any money. I have over 200.

Reactions: Benau

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with UK
You should wait til you are around 10k views and a few thousand subs.

Benau

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Try again when you hit 10,000 or more views. Each monetized view will only give you a cent or fraction thereof at this level, and not every view will count as a monetized view.

Keep uploading! Two videos isn't enough to really earn you any money. I have over 200.
Thanks so much for the feedback, I'll keep working hard![DOUBLEPOST=1480292962,1480292943][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with UK
You should wait til you are around 10k views and a few thousand subs.
Thanks so much, I'll be patient!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep uploading great content - I would say that after 6 months you may reach enough revenue to be sent your first cheque.

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just started YouTube a month and a half ago and have around 50 videos up already. I make vlogs and other various videos, I almost hit 3k total views and I DONT monetize my videos for the sole reason that it could bring a bigger audience and revenue is so little at the beginning level in my eyes it isn't worth it yet. However everyone is different, I would say when your hitting at least 1-3k views per video then monetize them/expect to earn a good residual income.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On average you'll get a dollar per 1k views. Could be higher or lower, but on average it's more or less close enough.

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
On average you'll get a dollar per 1k views. Could be higher or lower, but on average it's more or less close enough.
Are you sure about this?? a dollar per 1k? I've made almost 10 dollars and my channel has almost 3k total views so how is that possible. so 600k views is 600 dollars?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you sure about this?? a dollar per 1k? I've made almost 10 dollars and my channel has almost 3k total views so how is that possible. so 600k views is 600 dollars?
"average"
It can go up or down, depending on genre and advertisers. Holiday season also will give higher revenue than say February in the middle of nowhere. 600k views would be 600 +/-
It's also where the average metric of big tubers with 1 bil views = 1mil dollars (not counting sponsorships/paid promotions/etc/etc/etc)

Literally if you're worth a lot to advertisers they can give 20-30-50 bucks per 1k views if they wanted to. But $1 is the common average most analytics use.

Benau

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Keep uploading great content - I would say that after 6 months you may reach enough revenue to be sent your first cheque.
That would be pretty great! Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1480345870,1480345755][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just started YouTube a month and a half ago and have around 50 videos up already. I make vlogs and other various videos, I almost hit 3k total views and I DONT monetize my videos for the sole reason that it could bring a bigger audience and revenue is so little at the beginning level in my eyes it isn't worth it yet. However everyone is different, I would say when your hitting at least 1-3k views per video then monetize them/expect to earn a good residual income.
That makes sense, I have another channel that I did something similar for but the content on that one is way different. I pull in a solid amount of views per day with that one (50k usually). Thanks so much for the info![DOUBLEPOST=1480345965][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would be pretty good. It makes a lot of sense. Thanks so much!