When did you notice your channel started to grow?

ChaseAndFriends

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would like to start off by saying that I DO NOT DO YOUTUBE FOR FAME! I don't do YouTube so no one will watch either though...lol. I didn't come to complain though!!! I've been doing YouTube for four and a half months now and really enjoy it! I feel like I have pretty good content and everything, but unless I promote absolutely every video on every social media in existence, I only get 4 or 5 views. And those views are probably accidental clicks too! So I was just wondering, how long did it take for your channel to finally take off? How many months(or years) were you making videos for a small or no community? I just want to have some sort of an idea of when I MAY get several regular viewers. Thank you in advance :D

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel grew a lot at first. Well when I say a lot I got about 100 subscribers in the first month. Been struggling to hit that 200 though hahaha. I have a pretty awesome community of fans though who all come watch and comment on the series they like. I think the best way to get regular viewers is to just appreciate the crap out of the comments section. When someone comments just run over and give them a big ol' virtual hug and tell them they are awesome. It helps to also find other creators who do similar stuff. I have 3 channels in my subscriber list who I get on well with and we all hang out off YouTube and chat. They often watch my stuff too.

I am actually interested in a way to appeal to the non-creators. I haven't figured out how to do that on social media yet. Judging by a few of my subscribers I know they aren't creators and they watch my stuff occasionally but I feel there is a large, untapped market I have no idea how to show my stuff.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

ChaseAndFriends

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel grew a lot at first. Well when I say a lot I got about 100 subscribers in the first month. Been struggling to hit that 200 though hahaha. I have a pretty awesome community of fans though who all come watch and comment on the series they like. I think the best way to get regular viewers is to just appreciate the crap out of the comments section. When someone comments just run over and give them a big ol' virtual hug and tell them they are awesome. It helps to also find other creators who do similar stuff. I have 3 channels in my subscriber list who I get on well with and we all hang out off YouTube and chat. They often watch my stuff too.

I am actually interested in a way to appeal to the non-creators. I haven't figured out how to do that on social media yet. Judging by a few of my subscribers I know they aren't creators and they watch my stuff occasionally but I feel there is a large, untapped market I have no idea how to show my stuff.
I do collabs and reply to every single comment, though!! :/

Do you think non-creators do not see your social media posts?

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do collabs and reply to every single comment, though!! :/

Do you think non-creators do not see your social media posts?
I just don't think lots of non-creators follow my stuff on social media hahaha. I am sure I will break that bubble eventually but it is a hard time. I will go check out some of your collabs. I see a lot of channels doing collabs with people they don't really mesh well with and I think that can be a little harmful to a channels view retention. I am no expert or anything but if I see a channel doing nothing but collabs with people they just don't work well with it can be a bit boring. However! I have not seen your stuff yet so I don't know if you are doing that. I did a collab with 2 channels at the same time (not up yet). One was awesome and we still hang out and talk, the other didn't know the name of my channel before we started.... yeah I really should have kicked him right there but the other person wanted us both so I persevered[DOUBLEPOST=1467282066,1467281932][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh my lord I am watching your Skyblock stuff. Yes you guys are perfect! Damn man I don't know if I can help you. You are pretty damn funny and I have no idea why more people aren't watching

Reactions: ChaseAndFriends

ChaseAndFriends

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just don't think lots of non-creators follow my stuff on social media hahaha. I am sure I will break that bubble eventually but it is a hard time. I will go check out some of your collabs. I see a lot of channels doing collabs with people they don't really mesh well with and I think that can be a little harmful to a channels view retention. I am no expert or anything but if I see a channel doing nothing but collabs with people they just don't work well with it can be a bit boring. However! I have not seen your stuff yet so I don't know if you are doing that. I did a collab with 2 channels at the same time (not up yet). One was awesome and we still hang out and talk, the other didn't know the name of my channel before we started.... yeah I really should have kicked him right there but the other person wanted us both so I persevered[DOUBLEPOST=1467282066,1467281932][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh my lord I am watching your Skyblock stuff. Yes you guys are perfect! Damn man I don't know if I can help you. You are pretty damn funny and I have no idea why more people aren't watching
The same thing almost happened to me actually! The video file got corrupted though so I couldn't actually upload it lol. Thanks so much for checking out my channel, by the way!!! I'll check yours out too! And I love collabing with that guy!!! I feel like he makes my jokes funnier just by laughing at them if you know what I mean :) he's in my "what Minecraft chat is really meant for" videos too which I find absolutely hilarious! Is it bad if I watch my own videos?

Off to check out your channel now lol

Reactions: Video Game Knight

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As my current personal/public Channel got growth at first was when I uploaded one video from Facebook (Klapa Samoana to be precise) and it went super fast in skies with views (before I got about 10-20 views per video) and lately I got super fast growth with views and subscribers (almost 60 new subscriptions in 2.5 weeks of UEFA UERO and almost 40k new views in total) with some band wagon videos (trending topic - UEFA EURO 2016 in France). Current growth is again slowered down because of lack of new content (have some in production but IDK when it would be released).

ChaseAndFriends

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As my current personal/public Channel got growth at first was when I uploaded one video from Facebook (Klapa Samoana to be precise) and it went super fast in skies with views (before I got about 10-20 views per video) and lately I got super fast growth with views and subscribers (almost 60 new subscriptions in 2.5 weeks of UEFA UERO and almost 40k new views in total) with some band wagon videos (trending topic - UEFA EURO 2016 in France). Current growth is again slowered down because of lack of new content (have some in production but IDK when it would be released).
That's awesome, man! :) I'll have to try out posting to Facebook sometime[DOUBLEPOST=1467282750,1467282604][/DOUBLEPOST]
If it is wrong I don't want to be right man hahaha. No problem thank you for checking my stuff too! I can't wait to see more of your Skyblock stuff
Thanks so much for the kind words :)

Alright so I just subbed because your videos are hilarious! I love how you're in a knight costume every video. It's a clever way of keeping your identity a secret ;) plus it's funny to look over and see you just chillin there. For my 100 subscriber special, I did a face reveal and it's pretty similar to what you do lol. You have a lot of subs btw man!!!

Reactions: Video Game Knight

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's awesome, man! :) I'll have to try out posting to Facebook sometime[DOUBLEPOST=1467282750,1467282604][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks so much for the kind words :)

Alright so I just subbed because your videos are hilarious! I love how you're in a knight costume every video. It's a clever way of keeping your identity a secret ;) plus it's funny to look over and see you just chillin there. For my 100 subscriber special, I did a face reveal and it's pretty similar to what you do lol. You have a lot of subs btw man!!!
Dude! I must go find that 100 subscriber special haha. And thank you I am glad you like my stuff![DOUBLEPOST=1467283409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dude that is a lot of subs and views! Nicely done man

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can be making good videos for years, but if you don't understand SEO, you might never grow. 2 big things I immediately noticed after checking a few of your videos are that you're not tagging your videos and using the descriptions optimally. All your tags seem to be single words, like "at," "in," "part," "three," "twitter." You need to have mostly compound tags of 2-6 words like "how to win in skyblock." You should also include "chase and friends" or perhaps "chaseandfriends" in all your videos because that's your channel name. Also, your descriptions is not the place to write things like, "So me and my friend, The Od Assassin play Skyblock like it’s never been done before." It's a place to describe your videos using as much of the tags that you hopefully researched. Youtube uses your descriptions so people can find your videos.