What's your opinion on Adobe Creative cloud CC 2018?

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
As some of you may know, the Adobe Creative Cloud cc 2018 update released a few days ago.

Not obviously all of you work with it(or with a few programs at least), but to all who use it, what do you think about it?

My opinion:
Adobe has program's for a very wide group of creators. Some are YouTubers, filmmakers, artists, musicians, animators and etc. That target audience is really huge, so the majority will not know a lot of what got added in every program exept for the people at adobe and some very smart guys.

What I can definitely say is that adobe premiere got two functions which improved my experience a lot.

Those are:
The font selection menu: now I can just write the font I'm searching :D instead of scrolling through a hugh list ;(
Multiple projects in one session. This very important for YouTubers like me. Example: I need to copy my transition style every time when I'm editing a new video.

The ability to edit project on 2 or more macs or pc's at the same time and only in the network unfortunately is also welcome. This is great for collaberations. And support for vr headsets is very handy.

Photoshop has at least improved it's algoriddim of detecting the right pixels, so that masks are more realistic.
The guides are definitely a must have for me :)

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
As a rule of thumb and a safety precaution I always use the previous build of CC to the latest one...I've been on the receiving end of too many horror stories with adobe regarding unstable, slow and chugging software that I can't take the risk of using the absolute up to the minute version of the software...that being said other than the usual issues regarding speed, performance and other aesthetic issues the new build looks pretty good :)

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
As a rule of thumb and a safety precaution I always use the previous build of CC to the latest one...I've been on the receiving end of too many horror stories with adobe regarding unstable, slow and chugging software that I can't take the risk of using the absolute up to the minute version of the software...that being said other than the usual issues regarding speed, performance and other aesthetic issues the new build looks pretty good :)
Oh really

The only issues I had so far where crashing by customising my workspace and my exporting getting stuck at 2%. After restarting my pc again the next day it worked again and I didn't check if my first issue

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Oh really

The only issues I had so far where crashing by customising my workspace and my exporting getting stuck at 2%. After restarting my pc again the next day it worked again and I didn't check if my first issue
Ahh I Dont really know then; they might have gotten better at there immediate releases xD I just remember when I made the leap from CS6 to CC just as it had come out I could bearly keep it open for more than 20 minutes without it crashing out and that the same or similar happened on every iteration up to CC 2015 So I started just using the previous version until the next version came out (I.e Using 2015 until 2018 comes out, then upgrading to 2017 until 2019 comes out and so on xD)

Reactions: Your Buddy Gas

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Ahh I Dont really know then; they might have gotten better at there immediate releases xD I just remember when I made the leap from CS6 to CC just as it had come out I could bearly keep it open for more than 20 minutes without it crashing out and that the same or similar happened on every iteration up to CC 2015 So I started just using the previous version until the next version came out (I.e Using 2015 until 2018 comes out, then upgrading to 2017 until 2019 comes out and so on xD)
I completely understand you. Luckely, when my export for my last video I uploaded got stuck, I didn't switch because Adobe Media Encoder was there to help me

Just checked if my first issue was fixed and now it is. Now I can finally use my preffered workspace :D

Reactions: TYTD

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My coworkers and I unenthusiastically installed the new updates Friday during our down time, along with Adobe's new Dimensions program.

I'm always pretty hesitant on updating Photoshop versions, considering most are bug fixes and small changes and are like not even worth it, but ESPECIALLY after they "improved" the refine edge tool which in reality they completely destroyed. I had to find a workaround to still have the updated PS version but still be able to access the old refine edge system.. which was so much better than the current s**t. That's my major gripe with the last few major updates.

On the other hand, I do really like the new brush organization options especially considering I have a ton of brushes that I use every day. Grouping has been on my wishlist for years.

Also wtf are the hover over visuals of what each tool does? What am I 5 years old?

One other quick thing that I like about the new version is that you can cmd + c / cmd + v layers from one document to another. Previously you had to either duplicate or drag it. This is really great for me.

I only use Bridge/Lightroom/Photoshop at work though, I have yet to try the new Premiere update at home (which I'm installing now...!)

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
My coworkers and I unenthusiastically installed the new updates Friday during our down time, along with Adobe's new Dimensions program.

I'm always pretty hesitant on updating Photoshop versions, considering most are bug fixes and small changes and are like not even worth it, but ESPECIALLY after they "improved" the refine edge tool which in reality they completely destroyed. I had to find a workaround to still have the updated PS version but still be able to access the old refine edge system.. which was so much better than the current s**t. That's my major gripe with the last few major updates.

On the other hand, I do really like the new brush organization options especially considering I have a ton of brushes that I use every day. Grouping has been on my wishlist for years.

Also wtf are the hover over visuals of what each tool does? What am I 5 years old?

One other quick thing that I like about the new version is that you can cmd + c / cmd + v layers from one document to another. Previously you had to either duplicate or drag it. This is really great for me.

I only use Bridge/Lightroom/Photoshop at work though, I have yet to try the new Premiere update at home (which I'm installing now...!)
I won't use the new features. Still, I like that they implement some things from members of the community into official updates.

Ctrl/cmd + v or c is something that at least should've been added a long time ago

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The font selection menu: now I can just write the font I'm searching :D instead of scrolling through a hugh list ;(
This has been around for a very long time. Even CS6 has it. In fact, I had assumed it was the standard for versions prior to CS5, since CS5 could do it as well if I recall. It's generally a standard for any software that allows font selection from what I've found.

I do however like the sounds of improved masking in Photoshop. I've always been annoyed that even with greenscreens it can mess up the image and it results in a lot of trial & error to redraw deleted portions & erase excess bits of green that the edge refining decided to add in because I wanted to smooth things out. Luckily, it's just for thumbnails & most of it can't be seen so I can be a bit reckless lol

Unfortunately, I cannot afford it (well I can sort of but don't like subscription based services or the price really + I don't make any money off YouTube that I can use to cover Adobe costs). I also don't trust torrented software as much as I used to (since KAT died). I'd love to be able to access the new features since a lot of tutorials now have ditched CS6 which leaves me in the dark a bit when I'm trying to figure out how to do things. Some things still work but I mostly find tutorials using features in CC that I just can't find or don't have in CS6. I kind of wish Adobe had a content creator license that was priced similar to the student licenses. The business licenses are out of reach pricing for non-profit/unprofitable businesses.

Reactions: Your Buddy Gas

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I kind of wish Adobe had a content creator license that was priced similar to the student licenses. The business licenses are out of reach pricing for non-profit/unprofitable businesses.
I know how it feels man :\

If I can't pay the cost when my student licence expires I'll switch to different programs

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I know how it feels man :\

If I can't pay the cost when my student licence expires I'll switch to different programs
You'll probably be able to get away with it for a bit longer. I've heard they don't check or audit it as much so you could keep using your old student details. Unfortunately for me, I lost & forgot all my student details for my faculty so I can't apply for a student license.