What recording equipment to use for outdoor interviews?

BCtopics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I am so getting a shotgun mic and a dead cat! Don't worry, I won't google "dead cat" lol!!!!
good that is certainly your best option. If you want that "Mic" look just buy a random cheap mic and pretend to use it, a lot of youtubers do that.

Purely Peña

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
good that is certainly your best option. If you want that "Mic" look just buy a random cheap mic and pretend to use it, a lot of youtubers do that.
Nope, I am going to buy the best! I have my heart set on the Rode video mic. My husband is my sugar daddy so $$ no problem. ;-)

BCtopics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Nope, I am going to buy the best! I have my heart set on the Rode video mic. My husband is my sugar daddy so $$ no problem. ;-)
I believe you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying if you go the shotgun mic route like you said you were then if you still wanted to have a visible mic for "show" You could buy a random cheap mic that wasn't actually being used. For example if you were interviewing someone and wanted to make it look like they were talking into a typical looking microphone you could, even though they weren't actually doing so.