What is your creative process?

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
From getting a idea, to recording, to Editing and finally uploading. How do you do it it? Perhaps we can learn from each other!

Reactions: Branden Morales

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
health and fitness is in my blood so it kind of comes natural. not easy always but if you're passionate about something, subject matter seems to come more easily, at least for me.
I understand that. People like to see passion for a subject, it's want draws them to that sub button!

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i have a black board i write out ideas. Generally i will list out three vids and then several others on this black board. From there, I usually skip all my steps. Such as storyboards, scripts. Most of my stuff is on the fly and go. Generally the process boils over when I'm in post. I spend hours making sure my content is where it needs to be. Music, edits, efffects, voice overs exc. After that I wait for upload and rinse and repeat :)

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's a bit easier for a gaming channel, like myself, since the subject matter is what drove you to making videos. For some videos, though, the ideas come from my desire to see something remade or to show someone what I am seeing when we look at the same thing. Then I get my footage, chop it up into clips, do my edits and my post production effects, etc. Then I make a thumbnail while I'm uploading the video. I usually have time left over, I spend that time dwelling on how to get more views, lol.

Reactions: Altairsfriend

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
It's a bit easier for a gaming channel, like myself, since the subject matter is what drove you to making videos. For some videos, though, the ideas come from my desire to see something remade or to show someone what I am seeing when we look at the same thing. Then I get my footage, chop it up into clips, do my edits and my post production effects, etc. Then I make a thumbnail while I'm uploading the video. I usually have time left over, I spend that time dwelling on how to get more views, lol.
The same for me! Our channel revolves around seeing a game for the first time, and that experience that goes along with it. But we can't have a hour long video so it must be cut down dramatically. Determining what gets cut can be hard. But that just grows your editing skills.

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The same for me! Our channel revolves around seeing a game for the first time, and that experience that goes along with it. But we can't have a hour long video so it must be cut down dramatically. Determining what gets cut can be hard. But that just grows your editing skills.
I have a stopwatch in front of me and I work my outro-intro set up around the 10-12 minute mark, so I can record for hours and still make multiple episodes. Probably shouldn't be just DIVULGING company secrets, lolol.

Reactions: Altairsfriend

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I have a stopwatch in front of me and I work my outro-intro set up around the 10-12 minute mark, so I can record for hours and still make multiple episodes. Probably shouldn't be just DIVULGING company secrets, lolol.
Nah lol. Side note I checked out your latest video, I like what I see!

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
My notebook is full of ideas which I know I can't catch up to, since the editing process is substantial for me. It could be stories, rants, tips, listings, etc.
I try to think of references or trends people will get and be able to relate to.

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
My notebook is full of ideas which I know I can't catch up to, since the editing process is substantial for me. It could be stories, rants, tips, listings, etc.
I try to think of references or trends people will get and be able to relate to.
I see whatcha mean. I checked out your latest video and I see why it might take a while for you. It was entertaining![DOUBLEPOST=1473398629,1473398404][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have a black board i write out ideas. Generally i will list out three vids and then several others on this black board. From there, I usually skip all my steps. Such as storyboards, scripts. Most of my stuff is on the fly and go. Generally the process boils over when I'm in post. I spend hours making sure my content is where it needs to be. Music, edits, efffects, voice overs exc. After that I wait for upload and rinse and repeat :)
Nice! Keep it up man!