Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Everyone!!!
Yes i'm new to Reddit and I'm wondering
What i the best way to use this site to help my channel
Yes I have posted videos to various subreddits
But in the 3 years i have been on that channel I have yet to gain a single friend!
So I must be doing something wrong, wouldn't you think?!
So if anyone is really up on Reddit please give me a shout out
Because I think i'm clearly doing something wrong.

all my best

Mark Stise

Reactions: kevinboston7

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You should treat it as any other forum, be active and post a lot (without being considered a spammer), so people will know that you aren´t only there to promote your videos. But beware, People on reddit tend to get nasty, if they feel they have been wronged!

Reactions: Mark Stise

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should treat it as any other forum, be active and post a lot (without being considered a spammer), so people will know that you aren´t only there to promote your videos. But beware, People on reddit tend to get nasty, if they feel they have been wronged!

I will take your advice!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Follow the reddiqutte, follow the rules of the specific subreddit you're in, don't spam.

The golden rule is 'a reddit account with a website is fine, a website with a reddit account is not.'

Reactions: Mark Stise

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tip, Make friends with the owner or moderator. Make the owner notice you and he will start commenting on your videos, upvoting it and in some cases promote it on all the subreddit that he/she owns or moderates...That can get you a wave of viewers to your channel ...Hope that helps

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i hate the reddit. i don't get it. its just a bunch of text.. about as inviting to use as msdos. Every1 on there seems to be up there own ****. Its not inviting to new peoples. Theres little point trying to get views from it. Just regular SEO and good content will get your youtube channel views without any of that nonsense or posting on spammy sites.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Watch the trending videos and see what they do to get to the first page, then copy what they do. I'm assuming your niche is comedy- I've seen quite a lot of successful comedic videos on Reddit such as ProZD.

Last edited:

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Everyone!!!
Yes i'm new to Reddit and I'm wondering
What i the best way to use this site to help my channel
Yes I have posted videos to various subreddits
But in the 3 years i have been on that channel I have yet to gain a single friend!
So I must be doing something wrong, wouldn't you think?!
So if anyone is really up on Reddit please give me a shout out
Because I think i'm clearly doing something wrong.

all my best

Mark Stise
Yeah I have tried to use Reddit to help my channel a few times nothing about Reddit is it's a hit or miss if you were going to cause your video and channel to grow really really fast causing your channel to become super viral as well as your video or it's going to lead to very little you're going to get maybe one or two views from it and it's not really going to help

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've been a Reddit user for the better part of 7 years, and I have to say that you really have to want to be on Reddit to be able to get anything good from it. Just going to a subreddit and posting your content and nothing else will definitely get you nowhere and you will be looked at as just spam. It can definitely be useful for you if you want to be on there and aren't just going to drop your link and run. Assimilate yourself into the community and then post your links for best results.

i hate the reddit. i don't get it. its just a bunch of text.. about as inviting to use as msdos. Every1 on there seems to be up there own ****. Its not inviting to new peoples. Theres little point trying to get views from it. Just regular SEO and good content will get your youtube channel views without any of that nonsense or posting on spammy sites.
Sounds like a personal problem.