What does it mean ?

Ulysses90

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What does it mean when there are many channels posting the same videos you post, but you are the ONLY one that gets strike and deleted videos, but the other channels still have those videos running ?

Don't tell me they have permission, I'm sure 100% they don't.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright discussion forum. ^_^

The other channels might have strikes and deleted videos too, but you can't see them anymore because YouTube deleted them. :eek: All channels that upload copyrighted content are taking a chance with getting a strike, or at least a copyright claim.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Ulysses90

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, When I visite those videos that I posted and got a strike on other channels, I can see those videos running with ads no problem, except for me, the got deleted with strike

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sounds like, "how about all those people cheating on their partners but only one was spoted and got a divorce notice last week!!!" :p XD

Imagine it the reverse way. You record or create something original or unique. It is a good video and starts going viral. And suddenly all kind of people download it and upload it to their channels, other monetising it, others killing quality others makeing voiceover comments other withour reffering to you at all, others other...
:)

(there is still an error to your link on your channel...)

Reactions: Ulysses90

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It probably means you're the only one listening to the takedown request. The other probably get similar emails and strikes, but just don't care.

Or they're uploading them with the image size changed slightly, or cut up out of sequence, or somethign to make it different from the original footage, and you're just uploading raw footage?

Ulysses90

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It probably means you're the only one listening to the takedown request. The other probably get similar emails and strikes, but just don't care.

Or they're uploading them with the image size changed slightly, or cut up out of sequence, or somethign to make it different from the original footage, and you're just uploading raw footage?
I upload videos for famous people in their videos they say " you people are free to upload my videos as you wish, cut as you wish..." everybody here (in Morocco) upload these kind of videos, but last days i'm the only one I gets videos deleted, there are similar channels as mine but their videos still running on youtube!

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
sorry, I didn't knew they say that you can re-upload.
I don't know if this is enough good for Youtube though
as long as Youtube cannot know that people give permissions inside their videos.
:)

Sam Chris

Reaction score
In my experince, it happens when your video is doing well. Means that your video has more views then the other videos on the other channels. So the copyright owner just sees your video. They are unaware of other videos on Youtube.

Another reason could be, that you uploaded the video and the audio. And the others have only uploaded the audio and not the video or vise versa. So you probbably could have got the strike for using the audio or the video.

Another reason I can think of is, maybe the strike was sent by one of the other channels and not the orignal copyright owner.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What does it mean when there are many channels posting the same videos you post, but you are the ONLY one that gets strike and deleted videos, but the other channels still have those videos running ?
A better question: Why does it matter?

Just because other people are doing something doesn’t make it alright. It’s still a violation of copyright and they’ll likely be found out at some point (if they haven’t already received a copyright claim).

Ulysses90

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my experince, it happens when your video is doing well. Means that your video has more views then the other videos on the other channels. So the copyright owner just sees your video. They are unaware of other videos on Youtube.

Another reason could be, that you uploaded the video and the audio. And the others have only uploaded the audio and not the video or vise versa. So you probbably could have got the strike for using the audio or the video.

Another reason I can think of is, maybe the strike was sent by one of the other channels and not the orignal copyright owner.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That's what is happening, today I talked to the owner of the video, he said that he did not send me a strike...I think I received false strike, because I know that the owner would never send a strike, he always says that you can upload my videos...I want to send a counter notification but i'm afraid that the striker do something again and my channel get terminated....[DOUBLEPOST=1527373552,1527373361][/DOUBLEPOST]
A better question: Why does it matter?

Just because other people are doing something doesn’t make it alright. It’s still a violation of copyright and they’ll likely be found out at some point (if they haven’t already received a copyright claim).
No i'm not violating anything, The owner him self says that we can upload his videos, I think other channels send me false strikes....