What are your daily recording routines?

ScienceIsFun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I generally shoot at weekends when I'm in the mood. I have Tourette's, so I try to pick a day when I have fewer tics.
I make stuff once every fortnight because I generally spend time perfecting the content and making good animations and B-roll to place alongside, so that system works for me.
Sometimes if I'm very inspired I'll shoot multiple videos in one go. :)

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wake up at 6:30am usually, record some, get ready for work then record parts of my walk to said work. When I can I will bring my GoPro Session to work and use that to vlog or my iPhone. In the evening I will finish up the vlog by around 8PM and start editing, upload and then sleep by 10pm. then #repeat

Rogpalmeruk

Reaction score
I record my daily news video in the am, usually get this edited in the am and uploaded... Then 5 days a week I will try to spend an hour in the evening recording gameplay videos, which i usually have edit/process/upload at work..

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
On weekdays I get up around 9, even though I'm supposed to be at work by 9. I put on the left-most pair of pants and shirt in my closet since my wife matches things up that go well together that way. Then I walk about 12 minutes to work.

At work I check emails, check newest forum posts, check YouTube notifications, reply to comments, figure out a time to go get some coffee, then I'll do what I'm currently working on or into. Sometimes I'm working on a project for work, sometimes programming mods for a video game, sometimes creating YouTube videos. I have 3 months worth of videos scheduled and one goes up at noon each weekday. So whenever I feel like it, I'll whip out a handful of videos from my long list I have, which consists almost entirely of viewer requests. I've been redoing all my thumbnails the past 2 days so I've been focusing on that. Then I'll take a break and get some lunch and watch some episodes of whatever show I'm into (currently White Collar). Some work-related stuff will be thrown in there once in awhile.

Then it's walking home, dinner, maybe doing more forum stuff or videos, watching a movie with the family if we have one in the mail from Netflix, or watching Naruto Shippuden with the kids, possibly playing a board game (we love King of Tokyo), watching episodes of whatever my wife and I are into (currently Charmed) after the kids go to bed, then it's shower and off to bed to start again.

Hiroto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I gotta get hyped before I record so I drink a can of red bull! Jk, but some days yea I have to rely on energy drinks lol!

GoodGoneBadPictures

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of my videos I just record whenever I'm playing games, then I edit a bunch at once, and finally use scheduled uploads to plan out like 3 or 4 days of videos all at once.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I usually go to work sometime between 7 and 8 am and come back around 7 pm. By that time, all I want to do is veg out for the rest of the evening, so I don't get much done during the weekdays... I usually just work on YouTube stuff on the weekends -- but only if I feel up to it. I've been slacking off lately.. =/

However, ever since I stopped drinking caffeine, I've now started to naturally wake up at around 4 am lol...So I'm thinking I'll try to find a place to work on things in the mornings before work. ^^

Mick

Make Life Fabulous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I record in the mornings when I'm on the night shift! so i do my make up and hair for the video. And that will be my look/style for work also.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Sadly nothing gets me hyper in terms of drinking coffee and stuff. LOL I just have to hype myself up without anything, just water.