What am I doing wrong?

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

So I've been in Youtube for a couple of months now and I don't notice any growth. I know it takes time, but I feel like I might be doing something wrong here. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some general feedback on my channel (makeup themed). Thank you in advance!!!

Laura

Reactions: User_78298

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
Hey guys!

So I've been in Youtube for a couple of months now and I don't notice any growth. I know it takes time, but I feel like I might be doing something wrong here. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some general feedback on my channel (makeup themed). Thank you in advance!!!

Laura

hi Laura for my opinion your channel has nothing wrong. If you dont see result you are looking for doesn't depends on your channel, but promotion... im still studying what is the best method to grow on YT also contacting real experts and of course they commonly said: ads

Reactions: Lauramillanmu

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi Laura for my opinion your channel has nothing wrong. If you dont see result you are looking for doesn't depends on your channel, but promotion... im still studying what is the best method to grow on YT also contacting real experts and of course they commonly said: ads
Thanks for the feedback! I don't really know what else to do, I'm already promoting it on all my social media and I feel like I don't have a lot of influence out of there, so...

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been seriously wondering myself. Forums used to be a great place to share stuff like this, but it seems like most users on forums post comments but don't read others'. As for social media, the experts all say how great it is for promoting stuff, but from everything I've read it sounds like these are really only useful once you've already got a following. Can anyone here verify whether a certain platform (Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr) has helped grow their followers when they had none at the time of registering?

Finding like-minded people who make similar content seems like one of the best strategies, but I haven't had much of any success finding such people myself, and when I did they usually weren't interested in checking out anyone else's stuff. Reddit for example seems terrible for both promoting your stuff and sharing it with others (I doubt I ever got one view from Reddit).
I feel the same way, only a 10% of my small following in other social media is watching my channel, and I try to check other people's channels everytime I can, but most of them don't return the support. I also always leave a comment if I like something about their videos: some answer and comment on mine or they just say "aaww thanks" and that's it. So it's frustrating.

Reactions: User_78298

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hit up reddit, especially r/newtubers, post your stuff in the groups of people that inspired you or are related to your content. That's the advice i can give you.
hope this helped
best of luck!

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks for the feedback! I don't really know what else to do, I'm already promoting it on all my social media and I feel like I don't have a lot of influence out of there, so...
Welcome Laura :)
I read your comment and Gary comment and yes, social media promotion but generally speaking any internet social media working only if you already have a fanbase, in that case you can easily communicate to them everything you get in mind.

Everybody use to type so many common strategies but talking with a general media expert (not only online) he said to me that the real marketing strategy that every business (every) uses is: ads. And you can do it in many ways such as online with Adwords and offline with events, ticket-cards, flyers, spreading the words, painting the streets, and more

Im asking in the forum what is the favourite strategy people use to do but nobody seems to take promotion seriously.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You just need a dose of old fashioned luck. Keep up with the vids and make every new video better than the last. Eventually you will hit a wave. It too me a couple of years before momentum set it.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
You just need a dose of old fashioned luck. Keep up with the vids and make every new video better than the last. Eventually you will hit a wave. It too me a couple of years before momentum set it.
hi Evo ok so, exactly what has been your strategy?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi Evo ok so, exactly what has been your strategy?
I never had one. In fact I have only started to have a 'strategy' once I 'made it'? And that depends on what you would consider 'making it'.
My current strategy is the same basic one of everyone.
Keep to an upload schedule - I upload every 2 days at the same time. TubeBuddy tells me 4.30pm is my best upload time.
Make good thumbnails - My thumbnails are basic with no Text no Emoji etc. But they are clear and fit the space perfectly.
Clear Titles - I start with my channel name and then the title. I wonder whether this helps to link to my other videos? I also use CAPITALS.
Few good lines in description - I repeat the title again (As well as saving the video in the first place as the title - and add the same title into the tags)
Max out the Tag box - I use TubeBuddy for help there. But actually all my 'big' vids I would consider to have poor SEO. Pre using TubeBuddy/strategy
I dont advertise or share my videos on any other platform. Well I could say Twitter as of only recently just to get 'Verified' approval here at YTTalk.
I reply to as many comments as I can.
Pretty much it really.

Oh and a massive dose of luck - probably 99% luck.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
I never had one. In fact I have only started to have a 'strategy' once I 'made it'? And that depends on what you would consider 'making it'.
My current strategy is the same basic one of everyone.
Keep to an upload schedule - I upload every 2 days at the same time. TubeBuddy tells me 4.30pm is my best upload time.
Make good thumbnails - My thumbnails are basic with no Text no Emoji etc. But they are clear and fit the space perfectly.
Clear Titles - I start with my channel name and then the title. I wonder whether this helps to link to my other videos? I also use CAPITALS.
Few good lines in description - I repeat the title again (As well as saving the video in the first place as the title - and add the same title into the tags)
Max out the Tag box - I use TubeBuddy for help there. But actually all my 'big' vids I would consider to have poor SEO. Pre using TubeBuddy/strategy
I dont advertise or share my videos on any other platform. Well I could say Twitter as of only recently just to get 'Verified' approval here at YTTalk.
I reply to as many comments as I can.
Pretty much it really.

Oh and a massive dose of luck - probably 99% luck.

ok so, just uploading videos constantly + no social media promo + no offline promo
Just letting Youtube to find and drive your videos to new audience?