Ways to Advertise Your Channel

The Clark Knight

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does anyone have any ways online they advertise there channel that has been effective for them? I've looked into sites like tumblr, twitter and reddit, but that doesn't seem to be too effective. All advice welcome :)

sphamedia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it might be a case of activity and selective advertising, are you active on the reddits that you are using? it makes a big difrence if the recognise your user name, and being very selective with what you post where, for example, if you are a horror channel but make a non horror video, then putting it on the horror reddit will make people more hesitant to click on your posts in the future, like i advertise on here, but i make sure im very active on the site so people recognise me when i post

The Clark Knight

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
it might be a case of activity and selective advertising, are you active on the reddits that you are using? it makes a big difrence if the recognise your user name, and being very selective with what you post where, for example, if you are a horror channel but make a non horror video, then putting it on the horror reddit will make people more hesitant to click on your posts in the future, like i advertise on here, but i make sure im very active on the site so people recognise me when i post
Yeah makes sense! Thanks for the input

cqld2d

Reaction score
You can always try to be active in different comment sections of other youtubers, you can also try collaborating with other youtubers and you will get more known as you collab with more and more people.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone have any ways online they advertise there channel that has been effective for them? I've looked into sites like tumblr, twitter and reddit, but that doesn't seem to be too effective. All advice welcome :)
You can also use other social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon which will deliver good amount of traffic to your videos.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The best advertising is paid advertising on YouTube via Google AdWords. If you want to drive views to your channel, you pay a certain amount for a number of days, and you'll get more views than any other platform. It does cost money, and that doesn't in any way guarantee that you'll wind up with subscribers, but it is the most direct way of getting your content out there.

JamieKarakizi

Subscribe to me? haha
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Twitter.

Open up a Twitter account for your channel and find "big" YouTubbers that are in a similar niche to you. View their followers and start following random people. Start with about 200-250 on the first day. If you wait 24 hours you will notice that maybe 30-40% of the random people you followed have followed you back.

After the 24 hour period you can use one of those "not following back" services (Google is your friend) to unfollow the other people who didn't follow you back and then you can start again.

If you keep doing this every 3-4 days then you will get a load of followers and you can use Twitter to promote your videos.

If you need anymore help or details on the tools I personally use you can PM me as I'm not sure posting links within the forum is allowed.

Good luck :)

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The best advertising is paid advertising on YouTube via Google AdWords. If you want to drive views to your channel, you pay a certain amount for a number of days, and you'll get more views than any other platform. It does cost money, and that doesn't in any way guarantee that you'll wind up with subscribers, but it is the most direct way of getting your content out there.
Just a question regarding that. I was checking into it the other day and noticed that it was going to charge me $10.00 everyday. Is there a way I can cancel it when I don't want to continue paying for that? I don't want to be continuously charged $10 a day.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just a question regarding that. I was checking into it the other day and noticed that it was going to charge me $10.00 everyday. Is there a way I can cancel it when I don't want to continue paying for that? I don't want to be continuously charged $10 a day.
You can choose an amount by day or by campaign. I've only done it for two videos (as a test, because I'm honestly not ever thinking of becoming a big channel) and I chose $10 per campaign, which splits it up into about 75 cents per day.

Suess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Twitter.

Open up a Twitter account for your channel and find "big" YouTubbers that are in a similar niche to you. View their followers and start following random people. Start with about 200-250 on the first day. If you wait 24 hours you will notice that maybe 30-40% of the random people you followed have followed you back.

After the 24 hour period you can use one of those "not following back" services (Google is your friend) to unfollow the other people who didn't follow you back and then you can start again.

If you keep doing this every 3-4 days then you will get a load of followers and you can use Twitter to promote your videos.

If you need anymore help or details on the tools I personally use you can PM me as I'm not sure posting links within the forum is allowed.

Good luck :)
Thats a really good idea thank you!

Reactions: JamieKarakizi