• Somewhat

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Ok so recently I've been thinking about getting into vlogging, but I don't want to show my face and I usually don't go out, so is there a potential to make this interesting? I mean obviously I wouldn't just sit there and do nothing, i would put a twist, but would it be content that could bring value and content that people would enjoy? I'm just not sure

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know, when I watch vloggers I like to see a part of their life, I'm not sure how much of that would come through if they stayed at home all the time.
But I would definitely give it a try. if you want to do it just do it :)

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I don't know, when I watch vloggers I like to see a part of their life, I'm not sure how much of that would come through if they stayed at home all the time.
But I would definitely give it a try. if you want to do it just do it :)
Yea, it's definitely something i want to try, just need to work on how to make it look nice

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I vlog at home! Just talk about things that interest you :+)

Reactions: Kristeen

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I think something that makes people want to subscribe is personality and knowing the person behind the camera. By not showing your face, it will be harder for people to catch on. Not saying that you need to be super attractive or anything but people like seeing you and feeling like you are talking to them and they subscribe because you act as a friend to them.
That is my experience and what I notice from watching other youtubers.
Also I like never leave the house and I really don't do anything interesting. If I were to vlog I would rather turn that into something else. For example instead of vlogging what your cooking for dinner. Just make a recipe and how to.

okaysimi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think if you are a vlogger who doesn't show your face your personality is going to REALLY have to come through in some other way otherwise people won't want to watch your content. I think it is possible but it's going to make things harder.

As far as whether you can vlog at home or not, you definitely can but again you need to make it interesting. When I think of vloggers I watch, if they are at home they are usually on their way somewhere or people are coming over to spend time with them, they are rarely just vlogging alone by themselves. The ones who are, are usually vlogging cause they are working on some kind of project at home (ex. doing a DIY project). If you base your vlogs around things like that they could still be interesting to viewers.

Hope that helped!

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I feel like it's more exciting to watch a Vlog when the person is out and doing something. It might seem a little mundane what with the same background and you not doing much. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it but I feel as though it would be way more intriguing if you were to actually go somewhere

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think something that makes people want to subscribe is personality and knowing the person behind the camera. By not showing your face, it will be harder for people to catch on. Not saying that you need to be super attractive or anything but people like seeing you and feeling like you are talking to them and they subscribe because you act as a friend to them.
That is my experience and what I notice from watching other youtubers.
Also I like never leave the house and I really don't do anything interesting. If I were to vlog I would rather turn that into something else. For example instead of vlogging what your cooking for dinner. Just make a recipe and how to.
I have some ways i might add personality and interesting things that i might be doing just at home, but thanks for the feedback!

AntoNeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I vlog from home! But since you don't want to show your face...you can go with animations/drawings on what you're vlogging about, I'm a huge Youtube animation fan

Reactions: Ralph Mickey