Using Reddit for promoting YouTube videos?

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

So as a new YouTuber it's really important to share your videos on social media to get some more views.So lot's of people recommended sharing youtube videos on Reddit.It will help you to get more views, so my question is "Is it a good idea to share/promote YouTube on Reddit?".What's your opinion on this topic.Does it really help you get more views?

DictionaryWrites

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As with many things, I think it depends on how good the video is and if you're posting it in the right place, coupled with a little bit of luck, you know? You'd need to find the right kinds of threads and relevant boards, but you could probably get a fair few extra hits that way.

As with everything about promoting one's videos, it's a matter of how you do it rather than whether you do.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
As with many things, I think it depends on how good the video is and if you're posting it in the right place, coupled with a little bit of luck, you know? You'd need to find the right kinds of threads and relevant boards, but you could probably get a fair few extra hits that way.

As with everything about promoting one's videos, it's a matter of how you do it rather than whether you do.
Couldn't have said it better myself, well put. Be considerate, especially when it comes to Reddit, and don't just "plug your s**t", rather contribute to the community. Redditors can very quickly sniff out cynical posts, and voice their displeasure even quicker. Don't take them as free views, lurk a bit and understand the subreddit you're trying to post to and the community therein, then figure out how what you're doing adds value to it. Just don't try to fool or use the communities, they're way smarter than that (not to mention that it's a s****y thing to do lol)

Reactions: DictionaryWrites

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It should help if you post on a reddit related to your channel niche
Although i always get my reddit posts deleted. I wonder in which reddit people are sharing their videos

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It should help if you post on a reddit related to your channel niche
Although i always get my reddit posts deleted. I wonder in which reddit people are sharing their videos
Wait, your posts get DELETED? Damn, what subs do you post in if they get moderated so tightly, usually you'd have to really p**s the mods or the sub off in order for that to happen..

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
IMO Reddit is one of the best ways to promote videos when we talk social media.. I have gained a lot of subscribers from Reddit so think its the next best way (the best being collabs)...
The only thing about Reddit is that you have to be preparied for some s****y comments along the way but if you are fine with that go for it:up2:

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wait, your posts get DELETED? Damn, what subs do you post in if they get moderated so tightly, usually you'd have to really p**s the mods or the sub off in order for that to happen..
i post on music reddits or youtube channel reddits but, there is always a mod or a bot that
says i'm not qualified enough to post there or they just delete my post

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i post on music reddits or youtube channel reddits but, there is always a mod or a bot that
says i'm not qualified enough to post there or they just delete my post
Do those subs have any rules listed to the side or in a pinned post? Because it seems super weird that you're just randomly deemed not worthy of posting, and getting the posts deleted. I've only seen it done when you're not adhering to certain guidelines, mods and especially bots generally don't just delete posts, even if they are actually bad or spammy. They just get downvoted into oblivion..

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do those subs have any rules listed to the side or in a pinned post? Because it seems super weird that you're just randomly deemed not worthy of posting, and getting the posts deleted. I've only seen it done when you're not adhering to certain guidelines, mods and especially bots generally don't just delete posts, even if they are actually bad or spammy. They just get downvoted into oblivion..
i'm not sure, tbh i never looked into their rules. i just submit the link and after a few secs, some mod or bot will post on my reddit
saying i'm not qualified enough to post there.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i'm not sure, tbh i never looked into their rules. i just submit the link and after a few secs, some mod or bot will post on my reddit
saying i'm not qualified enough to post there.
So, you are basically just spamming them, then. No offense, but if you don't bother to read the rules about posting, then that's why your posts get deleted. Almost every subreddit has their own rules and guidelines about posting. If you don't follow their rules, they will delete your posts. If you ignore those rules and post anyway, then you've basically proven that you aren't there to connect with their community, you're just there to spam them with your video links.

I regularly post in about 5 different subreddits and I get great traffic from them. But I started by interacting with the subreddit BEFORE I uploaded my own links, and I carefully followed the posting rules for each subreddit before I submitted a link.