Uploading in HD issue.

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, brand new to the forums, and was hoping I could get some help, as I can't find any real information on this:

So I uploaded my first video the other day in 1080p at 60 fps. It shows up perfectly in that resolution on PC, but when I use the Youtube app on mobile, the max resolution it shows is 480p. At first I was thinking it was a processing issue and that I just need to wait a bit, but it's now been three days, and it's still showing 480p max, but only on the mobile app.

I then tried re-uploading it thinking it was a bitrate issue. I tried greatly lowering the bitrate, but it's still doing the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Why don't you try uploading video through your laptop/PC? Maybe its an issue with YOUTUBE mobile app? I cant say this surely.

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the suggestion Jawad, but I actually did upload it on my PC both times. Very strange.

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's an MP4/H.264 encoding. I tried to standardize it as much as possible for Youtube on what they recommended. The only problem I thought could be the bitrate, as I had it at 30 Mbps initially, and brought it down to 10 Mbps for the second try, but it still didn't help. Would it have anything to do with it being the only video on my channel so far maybe? I read that you won't show up in any search results until you have a minimum of 3 videos on your channel, but I guess that could be completely unrelated.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, brand new to the forums, and was hoping I could get some help, as I can't find any real information on this:

So I uploaded my first video the other day in 1080p at 60 fps. It shows up perfectly in that resolution on PC, but when I use the Youtube app on mobile, the max resolution it shows is 480p. At first I was thinking it was a processing issue and that I just need to wait a bit, but it's now been three days, and it's still showing 480p max, but only on the mobile app.

I then tried re-uploading it thinking it was a bitrate issue. I tried greatly lowering the bitrate, but it's still doing the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I'm thinking you need to export the correct format for posting on youtube or viewing through mobile app. That's if I'm correctly understanding your post...:unsure:

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is there a format that's more ideal than the one I'm using that would allow HD at 60 fps? I'm using Cyberlink Powerdirector if that helps. Another thing I tried was using Powerdirector's "direct to YouTube" function when creating the movie (in which it puts it right on there for you after you make the movie), and then it did do 1080p on both, but not in 60 fps, which is what I'd prefer to have for the best quality since they're gaming videos. It's only when I make the video and manually upload it that creates the issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1507785021,1507746007][/DOUBLEPOST]Got it figured out! Turns out it was just the stupid app on my phone. I tried the higher resolution on my wife's phone, and it worked perfectly. Not sure why only my video can't play in high def, as other vids work just fine, and I've got a Samsung Galaxy S8+, so it's not like it's an off-brand phone. Guess I'll mess with that. Thanks for the help everyone!

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
EDIT: Posted a *Wrong* answer after the OP had a result! well all's well that ends well :)