Uploading a video to YouTube is being painfully slow!

naitothenai

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

So I'm uploading a video to my channel, which is actually shorter than most of my other videos! But it is taking forever! I tried at a friends house last night to upload it and it only got to 16% in 3 hours! I'm now trying to upload it at work and it's not going much quicker! I'm really confused because I haven't done anything different to what I normally do! All my other videos have been longer than this one and they have taken between 10 - 45 minutes to upload in the past.
I have been uploading this video for about half an hour now I'd say and it's on 13%!

Can anyone help please?!

Sunsbookishgamesx

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
download hand break from google, it compresses your video however it doesn't effect quality

Jtpetch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How big is the file?
The bigger the file, the longer the upload. Length doesn't really matter.
(EG: a 4k quality, 20gb, 5 minute video would still take longer than a 1080p quality, 5gb, 10 minute video)

Try compressing it with the tool Sunsbook above suggested, as well as just running it through some editing software. That should compress it nicely.

BettyisHere

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The size of your video will also determined and make an upload take long but the number one factor is your internet upload speed. Do a speed test on google and then check your upload speed. if your upload speed is bad like under 1mb then you can wait for hours till it uploads

DaKatz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
download hand break from google, it compresses your video however it doesn't effect quality
Like Sunsbook suggested, use handbrake to compress your files. You can even reduce the QP to lower the quality the video and significantly reduce file size if it's too much of a problem.

My gameplay files are usually around 500mb and my rants are around 200mb. I usually upload from university and it takes minutes. I used to upload from school aswell and it was just as quick. Maybe try an internet/gaming cafe.

Yolimoks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Convert your video before you upload :thumbsup2: