Upload Schedule?

TheMix

I've Got It
Reaction score
My channel focuses around comedy such as skits and a few other different things. With that being said its hard to put out daily videos so we just post when we can. Should we just upload when we can or have certain days?

xZenx xGamingx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i say you should try uploading at least 3-4 times a week at the most

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are small you should not waste your time uploading more than 1 or perhaps 2 videos a week. That way you can focus on quality!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would schedule, just to get into the habit of uploading regularly. Depending on how much time it takes to film and edit, that schedule can be once a week or more, but I find channels who upload less often than that either have to have something pretty impressive to keep me interested or they kind of run out of steam.

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You need to stick to a schedule and be consistent. If you can only post once per week? that's better than posting whenever. It's important for your audience to know when they can expect your content.

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nah guys. Seriously for a comedy channel you should pace your self. What you need to do is find a happy medium between consistency and how long it takes to produce something.

I have a comedy channel too, but I do a lot of commentary on it so I can upload weekly, but the key is CONSISTENCY. If you can only upload every 2 weeks stick to that and tell every body at the end of your vids to come back in a fortnight. If you make 2 videos back to back quickly then upload one and schedule the other for your usual slot, it will give you more time to make the next one anyway.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum. ^_^

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My channel focuses around comedy such as skits and a few other different things. With that being said its hard to put out daily videos so we just post when we can. Should we just upload when we can or have certain days?
Consistency is key, well that's what everyone says. But I don't think quality should suffer. Maybe just set two days a week to post a video. Monday and Friday. Then your audience knows when you will have content up, but you won't be stressed to produce it.