Took me 2 Years to Get 400 Subs, any suggestions?

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello guys has been 2 years that I have been traveling and making videos for my channel, videos are high quality.

Do you have any suggestion on how could I get more subscribers? How could I grow my channel more?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion :)

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Hello there. First off good job on reaching 400 subs, second off dont lose hope or give up.

If you are having a slow climb up the base, try a different approach. I noticed in your videos that you don't talk very much or you don't tell much about yourself(other than the sights that are visible which are awesome by the way! The view is amazing for travelers to see, as well as the quality of the video). Try experimenting with new things, I am sure you already meet plenty of people, and yes it may sound a bit annoying but try to tell them that you do youtube and etc. Try telling some of the interesting stories that you have came across(everybody has a story to tell). As well as try going on travel forums and self advertise.

Well I wish you best of luck with your channel! Hope you get to visit every place you have ever wanted!

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello guys has been 2 years that I have been traveling and making videos for my channel, videos are high quality.

Do you have any suggestion on how could I get more subscribers? How could I grow my channel more?

Well I just started 1 day ago and already have 88 subscribers (all active) , just by using social media. Maybe you could also make social media account's for your channel ?

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It took me ten years to reach 1k subscribers so the main tip I could give is to hang on to it because you won't ever succeed when you quit.
Here are some more technical suggestions:

- Point out your upload schedule in the banner
- Let banner and logo follow the same design
- The text in your thumbnails is too being. It covers everything that could catch an eye.
- Think about something special that's in your videos and include it in the title.
- Have a teaser before your intro.
- The music in your trailer video is a bit too loud (or your voice not loud enough).
- Your voice volume generally seems to be a bit low. Compare it to other famous YouTubers in your niche.
- Have a strong call to subscribe at the end of your videos.
- Make the first lines of your About section more catchy as they show up in search.
- Place a link to your video playlist after the fist line of your description.
- Add some site names you show in the videos to your tags and subscription.
- Like mentioned by others tell more instead of just showing it.

Thijstastic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Upload more frequently.

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have a huge opportunity to engage an audience with something different. You travel. Which means every video can be something new. To me your thumbnails seem to blend together. Each one looks the same despite it being a different place. Try making each on unique.

Cinnamon Sweet Shoppe

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I have a few travel videos on my channel and they all do very, very well. And I strongly believe travel videos are the most successful videos on Youtube. Where are you promoting your videos? 2 weeks ago I posted my Royal Caribbean cruise video on the Cruise Critics forum and I got over 1400 views and picked up about 10 subscribers. Considering I have a baking channel and not a travel channel, picking up any subscribers from that site is a milestone. Do a search for web sites (check official tourist boards), Facebook groups, and forums that cater to the destination and share them there. Hashtags are also very important. My Gatlinburg video has over 14,000 views and the analytics show most came from Youtube searches.

Last edited:

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello there. First off good job on reaching 400 subs, second off dont lose hope or give up.

If you are having a slow climb up the base, try a different approach. I noticed in your videos that you don't talk very much or you don't tell much about yourself(other than the sights that are visible which are awesome by the way! The view is amazing for travelers to see, as well as the quality of the video). Try experimenting with new things, I am sure you already meet plenty of people, and yes it may sound a bit annoying but try to tell them that you do youtube and etc. Try telling some of the interesting stories that you have came across(everybody has a story to tell). As well as try going on travel forums and self advertise.

Well I wish you best of luck with your channel! Hope you get to visit every place you have ever wanted!
Thank you so much for the reply.
I can see a climb , very slow but yes its climbing :D
I started realizing that I should start talking on videos again, and try to talk to people on the streets about the city where they live.
About forums I don't know anything about it, could you name a couple of them?[DOUBLEPOST=1467693549,1467693459][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I just started 1 day ago and already have 88 subscribers (all active) , just by using social media. Maybe you could also make social media account's for your channel ?
I have social media for the channel, the one I use most is Facebook, on Twitter my videos are posted automatically, and I have a WordPress blog as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1467693920][/DOUBLEPOST]
It took me ten years to reach 1k subscribers so the main tip I could give is to hang on to it because you won't ever succeed when you quit.

- The text in your thumbnails is too being. It covers everything that could catch an eye.
- Think about something special that's in your videos and include it in the title.
- The music in your trailer video is a bit too loud (or your voice not loud enough).
- Your voice volume generally seems to be a bit low. Compare it to other famous YouTubers in your niche.
- Make the first lines of your About section more catchy as they show up in search.
Thanks a lot for the advice, I got a lot of stuff from you!
Teaser before my intro will be a must for next week. I will adjust the music and voice levels. A call to subscribe to the channel is missing too.
What do you mean by adding site names? Do you mean the names of the places?
Tell more instead of showing it... Love that one!![DOUBLEPOST=1467693990][/DOUBLEPOST]
Upload more frequently.
These past 2 to 3 months I haven't been travelling a lot, had a lot of study to do. But my goal is to upload at least one video every week.[DOUBLEPOST=1467694054][/DOUBLEPOST]
You have a huge opportunity to engage an audience with something different. You travel. Which means every video can be something new. To me your thumbnails seem to blend together. Each one looks the same despite it being a different place. Try making each on unique.
Making the thumbnails unique its a very hard one, but I will try.
Thank you

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

0_0 ten years