To those that edit for people: How did you build your rep?

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am writing a report on freelance editing and considering YouTube is a good place to do that in nowadays, I am looking for some people to talk to. I am interested in how you guys started out and how long it took you to build a good reputation. So do talk to me below or PM me. I want to work as an editor from home myself when I get better equipment.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
are you talking about editing for other people as a job or us doing our own channels and growing them to high subscriber numbers?

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suppose its the same as any other self employed job like plumbing for example, the more work you do as long as you are good at your profession the more that word gets around. word of mouth is pretty powerful and when people know about you the likeyhood is that more people will come to you, but in the beginning obviously you need to search for the work since no one knows who you are, websites like freelancer and craigslist usualy have people looking for editors and im sure theres plenty of other places too.

Reactions: xBlazingStar94x

xBlazingStar94x

Now by the name of ActuallyEmoTrash
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I suppose its the same as any other self employed job like plumbing for example, the more work you do as long as you are good at your profession the more that word gets around. word of mouth is pretty powerful and when people know about you the likeyhood is that more people will come to you, but in the beginning obviously you need to search for the work since no one knows who you are, websites like freelancer and craigslist usualy have people looking for editors and im sure theres plenty of other places too.
True but it is pretty tough competition, especially when working online. It would be good to see if people have a USP. However, I am glad you have made this point

Comaxi

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The best way to be honest is by using this website or other youtube forums and putting your word out there!

Reactions: xBlazingStar94x