Tips on choosing the right tags?

Daniel Prakash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay so i'm sure like many others out there, struggle finding the correct tags for my videos, for most of my videos I've sat there and pondered whether it's the best tags I can muster.

With that being said, does anyone have any tips or guidelines to help come up with some good tags?

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use one basic guideline for my tags and that is, your channel name comes first then the most important words then the most important sentences and lastly words that are related to your video.

I would also love some good advice on using keywords and tags.

Daniel Prakash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's a good idea. I use tube buddy and it lets you see what tags people have put and if you look at the likes of Jesse wellens he puts very few tags...
I use one basic guideline for my tags and that is, your channel name comes first then the most important words then the most important sentences and lastly words that are related to your video.

I would also love some good advice on using keywords and tags.

Reactions: CelyD87

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bro I have a simple tips for you,you can use a free tool to find the best tags suggestion for your videos based on your title.It's known as rapidtags.Just go to this link http://rapidtags.io/ then add your video title on the search bar & then click on the search icon.It will generate the best tags for your videos.You can use these tags on your videos.Don't worry it's free & safe :)

Reactions: CelyD87

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bro I have a simple tips for you,you can use a free tool to find the best tags suggestion for your videos based on your title.It's known as rapidtags.Just go to this link then add your video title on the search bar & then click on the search icon.It will generate the best tags for your videos.You can use these tags on your videos.Don't worry it's free & safe :)
Have you seen some good results with the tags you get from rapidtags? I really want to give it a go.[DOUBLEPOST=1478612295,1478612257][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a good idea. I use tube buddy and it lets you see what tags people have put and if you look at the likes of Jesse wellens he puts very few tags...
I also use TubeBuddy but I have the free version, I want the paid version lol

Daniel Prakash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have you seen some good results with the tags you get from rapidtags? I really want to give it a go.[DOUBLEPOST=1478612295,1478612257][/DOUBLEPOST]
I also use TubeBuddy but I have the free version, I want the paid version lol
I also want the paid version, it's got some really handy tools on it, it's only cheap if you have a small channel too[DOUBLEPOST=1478613220][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bro I have a simple tips for you,you can use a free tool to find the best tags suggestion for your videos based on your title.It's known as rapidtags.Just go to this link then add your video title on the search bar & then click on the search icon.It will generate the best tags for your videos.You can use these tags on your videos.Don't worry it's free & safe :)
Just had a quick look using a random word and it seems decent, thank you for sharing that with us!!

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
There's plenty of keyword suggesting tools, even one by Google itself. I am from the tablet so I don't have them under the hands but there's so many you only have the freedom of choice

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use tube buddy too. How exactly can you see other youtubers tags? I have been trying to figure that out. I think it would be very useful to see the big channels. Since day 1 I struggle with finding the right tags for my videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1478630244,1478629911][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi! I just checked out rapidtags and wrote a sample title. It spit out some good tags but some of them were 2 letter words like "at" and "to" I read somewhere that you shouldn't include those. What do you do?

Reactions: Rafij Rahman Rohan

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well speaking from 6 years blogging experience good tags include a mix of longtail keywords and generic terms. the generic terms will most likely have high competition, but you just never know your luck (unless you do keyword research) this is why my brioche bun recipe is my highest viewed video, because the keywords used meant the video gets on the first page of results. longtail keywords are words that are relevant but not generic. so say your video is about mattresses and your doing a run down of the top 5 most comfortable mattresses. you wouldnt just put mattresses as a keyword because it's too generic (still a good one to throw in mind) but you'd put in tags like 'comfortable mattresses' and 'mattress reviews' words like that really. it's all about what the user will type in to youtube so that they end up on your video basically

Last edited:
Reactions: CelyD87 and Sabrina