Tips For Vloggers Who Rant.

Kristen Is Calm

I don't caaaaaaare!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is just what I needed!!! Thank you so much! :D I need to write this down.

Brent Blogs

Blogger, vlogger, comedian, & ranter.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Hey Guys!
Lots of vloggers in the YouTube community are starting to put "Ranting" content into their videos. I am one of those people and I thought I should make a "Tip Thread" to help my fellow Ranters.

1. Confidence. When people watch your video's they don't want to see you trembling, they also don't want to see long pauses with you going "Uum...............Uhhhhh........" In the middle of them. Make sure that you keep practising as much as you can in front of a mirror before recording your vlog. If you still have mistakes in your vlogs you can just edit them out later.

2. Do Your Research.

Make sure you do as much research as you can. Read newspapers, watch news programs and keep checking various websites. If there is any other topic that you vaguely know about make sure you research into it so you know what you are going to rant about when it comes to your video. Make sure you rant about something that you are passionate about.

3. Quality.

This is the same for all YouTube videos. They need to be good quality. Make sure you use a good camera (I use a Vivitar 1080p camera which is pretty good). There are many cheap camera's out there that are good for HD recordings. Make sure your lighting is right, you don't want people to complain about the darkness or lightness of your videos, make sure you get it just right. If you are partnered or Monetized make good quality thumbnails. The best program for this is Photoshop which is a top notch quality program.

4. Promoting.

The last step is to get your rant out there. Post on your Facebook news feed.(Or page if you have one) You can also post on Twitter (And here of course if you have VIP). The sooner you get your video out there. The sooner people get the message.

That's it :) I think I have covered all the points :) If I have missed some or if you want anything added in please post them in the comments as I am always open for feedback :)
Thanks for reading :D PS. Reina symphonious7 Frankie Pearl Th3StuffShow VlogRays Opinions? :D
I have a thought to add on to that.

You are right - ranting is one of the cornerstones of most vloggers. That said, most channels generally aren't 100% rants 100% of the time. So one other thing that may already be common sense to some YouTubers is to create a rant playlist for your channel, or as I've done, one entitled "Best Of" RANTS. I try to divide my videos into less broad categories, but grouping similar content since everyone will subscribe to and watch a channel for different reasons.

TPayneExperience

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great post! I really like your note on Confidence. I think there should one more added to the list. PASSION.

If you don't have passion in what you're saying, the video won't be as compelling. It also may not come across as genuine.

Again, great post, and keep up the good work!

TheMandarShow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great tips I'll keep this in mind if any of you would check out my vlogs and see how I can improve I'll do the same for you :)

Grant Casual

Future Famous Vlogger Without Big Hair
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
Another tip you forgot about ranting, any yeah these tips go for any type of video, but an important aspect you have to remember is not to get too enraged and to also be careful about what you say, don't get too carried away and discriminate half the world. that is all.

CatsRants

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
aaah thanks for this! I love a good rant haha! :D

kaptainobvious81

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys!
Lots of vloggers in the YouTube community are starting to put "Ranting" content into their videos. I am one of those people and I thought I should make a "Tip Thread" to help my fellow Ranters.

1. Confidence. When people watch your video's they don't want to see you trembling, they also don't want to see long pauses with you going "Uum...............Uhhhhh........" In the middle of them. Make sure that you keep practising as much as you can in front of a mirror before recording your vlog. If you still have mistakes in your vlogs you can just edit them out later.

2. Do Your Research.

Make sure you do as much research as you can. Read newspapers, watch news programs and keep checking various websites. If there is any other topic that you vaguely know about make sure you research into it so you know what you are going to rant about when it comes to your video. Make sure you rant about something that you are passionate about.

3. Quality.

This is the same for all YouTube videos. They need to be good quality. Make sure you use a good camera (I use a Vivitar 1080p camera which is pretty good). There are many cheap camera's out there that are good for HD recordings. Make sure your lighting is right, you don't want people to complain about the darkness or lightness of your videos, make sure you get it just right. If you are partnered or Monetized make good quality thumbnails. The best program for this is Photoshop which is a top notch quality program.

4. Promoting.

The last step is to get your rant out there. Post on your Facebook news feed.(Or page if you have one) You can also post on Twitter (And here of course if you have VIP). The sooner you get your video out there. The sooner people get the message.

That's it :) I think I have covered all the points :) If I have missed some or if you want anything added in please post them in the comments as I am always open for feedback :)
Thanks for reading :D PS. Reina symphonious7 Frankie Pearl Th3StuffShow VlogRays Opinions? :D
i was told i have thr best rant energy people have seen. which i dont really see lol. but thabk u for these tips ..my only problem is getting my videos out there .i use twitter and all that nut nothing[DOUBLEPOST=1370810498,1370810423][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha thanks for the tips! I was gonna do some rants on my new channel so this was helpful :) Also, just wanted to add something: BE CRAZY and don't hold back in the craziness!
lol im crazy as hell on my rants ..i dont even script anything ..i love ranting[DOUBLEPOST=1370810584][/DOUBLEPOST]
aaah thanks for this! I love a good rant haha! :D
check my channel out then. i rant on onision, brett keane and all types of things[DOUBLEPOST=1370810672][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great post! I really like your note on Confidence. I think there should one more added to the list. PASSION.

If you don't have passion in what you're saying, the video won't be as compelling. It also may not come across as genuine.

Again, great post, and keep up the good work!
i wouldnt be anything without my passion when i rant

DaphYinArt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Great tips, thanks! I'd also add, be yourself, even though you script all that you're saying in the videos, don't forget to stay genuine :) People will notice and definitely like you and your videos more!!

adiveintothesea

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Great tips, thanks! I'd also add, be yourself, even though you script all that you're saying in the videos, don't forget to stay genuine :) People will notice and definitely like you and your videos more!!

Agree with this. I find unless it's for a specific reason like comedy, just being you (but maybe louder or something) will make you A. more comfortable filming and B. people will probably enjoy what you make more, and be willing to interact.

I personally don't currently enjoy watching back, and editing something I've faked my way through. Prefer to mean it than preach it!

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
50th post :)

I agree with the original post quite a bit. I've been watching a lot of rants recently, and the ones that are well researched are actually worth writing, unless you want people to watch and laugh at how ignorant you are.