Tips for growing a channel?

Sir Stellar

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
when i first started my channel i was getting tons of likes, views and subscribers. recenlty ive hit a complete standstill and dont know what else to do. I think i have upped the quality of my content with the latest video i posted (THE HACKER EXPERIENCE). What are some ways you guys are getting exposure for your channels? Any kind of help is greatly welcomed

Reactions: Commander Skull

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Nice channel art and picture, also good commentary videos. As for growing up a channel well... just advertise it left and right on social media/forums etc etc. that is how you get some growth with a small channel and hopefully people will help you with the advertisement or make a shoutout for you.

Reactions: Sir Stellar

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
Dude, this entire forum is built around techniques to grow a channel. Have a look in the various strategy threads and pay most attention to the stickies/ most popular articles.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your descriptions on your 5 videos are non-existent. You are giving nothing for the algorithm to understand what your videos are about. You need 3 solid paragraphs rich in keywords and long tail variations.
Same for tags. Hardly any tags to reference. You have 500 characters to max out with long tails.
5 videos is nothing in YT terms. Our channel did not start to grow at all until we had over 50 videos.
Subs come from views. For views you need videos. For YT to place your videos in search and suggested and build your channel authority, you need maxed out tags/titles/descriptions/cc as a minimum, otherwise how does the algorithm know what your videos are about in a turbulent ocean of content?
Don't worry about exposure at this stage too much. Get the foundations built first: content/tags/titles/descriptions/cc
good luck!

Last edited:

ThreeProng

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well i'd start by doing something a bit more original than a gameplay footage with background commentary, which already has 100,000 channels trying to get big doing the same thing and doesn't really give anyone a reason to watch you specifically. This isn't meant to put you down in any way, it's just truth.