Thoughts on "Story Time" ?

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SOOO this has been bugging me so much. ALL OF THESE YOUTUBERS love clickbait. Like I am honestly so sick of seeing "almost got kidnapped." or anything under those lines. They put clickbait titles then you watch their video and they vaguely talk about the title of the video. It's annoying af and I can't be the only one who notices it

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hehe. Yeah. Even the memes are being created about this
I'd recommend google them. Will make your day :D

The clickbait is a powerful thing in Youtube nowadays, sadly
I'm also annoyed by that kind of thing, that makes both of us
Yet I'm happy that people (like you) do notice that. Some hope for the future ( maybe everyone will get tired of it eventually and just won't support that anymore )

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, I did a story time, and now when I think about it, I didn´t use click bait, I just titled the video "Story time".

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm sure there were some memes about this floating around, there were some great ones like.

Store: we will be closing in 5 minutes.
Youtuber title: I WAS ALMOST HELD CAPTIVE AT WALMART

lmao

datguyonYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if you're tired of watching clickbaity channels then don't watch them :p... you'll be surprised by how much quality content you can find when you don't watch the popular YouTubersrs.
for example, i normally stay away from any channel or video over 1 million (subs or views) and also the trending page. my 'recommended videos' page is pretty much filled with non-clickbaity, honest content I enjoy.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
if you're tired of watching clickbaity channels then don't watch them :p... you'll be surprised by how much quality content you can find when you don't watch the popular YouTubersrs.
for example, i normally stay away from any channel or video over 1 million (subs or views) and also the trending page. my 'recommended videos' page is pretty much filled with non-clickbaity, honest content I enjoy.
non clickbait content is available over 1 million views, i wouldn't avoid all content like that, there's obviously something that makes it likeable.

the trouble is that clickbait WORKS, youtube encourage it with their algorithm, the "i made a mint on my youtube and im selling you my secret formula" people will preach it till the sun goes down. people think that eye catching title and thumbnails = click bait. and it will always be around as long as it works unfortunately.

can't tell you how many times i've clicked on a video i want to watch only to have it be a "reaction" or a news reporter talking about the clip for 10 minutes first. so annoying.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Reactions: Daisyah

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
non clickbait content is available over 1 million views, i wouldn't avoid all content like that, there's obviously something that makes it likeable.

the trouble is that clickbait WORKS, youtube encourage it with their algorithm, the "i made a mint on my youtube and im selling you my secret formula" people will preach it till the sun goes down. people think that eye catching title and thumbnails = click bait. and it will always be around as long as it works unfortunately.

can't tell you how many times i've clicked on a video i want to watch only to have it be a "reaction" or a news reporter talking about the clip for 10 minutes first. so annoying.
Yea I'm not gonna avoid big youtubers cause they obviously have their following for a reason you're so right

Reactions: Lightsen

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm sure there were some memes about this floating around, there were some great ones like.

Store: we will be closing in 5 minutes.
Youtuber title: I WAS ALMOST HELD CAPTIVE AT WALMART

lmao
Have actually seen that line with a picture of Tana Mongeau!

Reactions: Lightsen