YouTube drama queens & clickbait

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yuck, This is a side of YouTube and certain YouTubers that I really dislike:

Basically, they take something very mundane that happened, exaggerate and lie about it and then make up some ridiculous clickbait title:

Exhibit 1
sm1AraS.jpg

Exhibit 2

tplRzo4.jpg

Exhibit 3

JwJfVA5.jpg

Exhibit 4

4ubfCAj.jpg

Exhibit 5

tvRAB61.jpg

Exhibit 6

M2jDIgD.jpg

Exhibit 7

JPtpuTV.jpg

Exhibit 8

UO4OQSB.jpg

*cringe*

And you just know when someone writes "*NOT CLICKBAIT*", it's definitely going to be clickbait lol SMH.

Thoughts on YouTubers who do this ?

Ah, sociopaths... they're everywhere! Aren't they silly? I swear, these types of people just get worse and worse as others continue to encourage them. Ignoring them is all we can do. Ignoring and praying, lol.

I personally associate caps lock titles and clickbait to those fake and manipulated news some website make to piggyback off the functional illiterates that will believe only what fits their beliefs and make money with the ads, so they absolutely p**s me off. Also drama queens should be ignored, but sadly:
But it's what gets new people to click on their videos and potentially subscribe so they'll continue to do it.
So yes, we are doomed.

Sad but true, these kind of things sell. It's fake but people click on it anyway because they either like the drama, or are just there to hate on it. either way, it generates traffic and viewers for those people.

I hate to say this, but... they're making bank off of it. I mean, it sucks that it takes click bait and caps lock and over the top expressions and etc. to get views, but it's a success. I mean, look at Trisha Paytas. Girl's probably made upwards to about $500 bucks a video showcasing her rolling and crying on the floor. It's what sells. -shrug-

Yuck, This is a side of YouTube and certain YouTubers that I really dislike:

Basically, they take something very mundane that happened, exaggerate and lie about it and then make up some ridiculous clickbait title:

Exhibit 1
sm1AraS.jpg

Exhibit 2

tplRzo4.jpg

Exhibit 3

JwJfVA5.jpg

Exhibit 4

4ubfCAj.jpg

Exhibit 5

tvRAB61.jpg

Exhibit 6

M2jDIgD.jpg

Exhibit 7

JPtpuTV.jpg

Exhibit 8

UO4OQSB.jpg

*cringe*

And you just know when someone writes "*NOT CLICKBAIT*", it's definitely going to be clickbait lol SMH.

Thoughts on YouTubers who do this ?
My thoughts are. If you can't make it interesting without clickbait and lying the entire time, then don't even think about uploading a video like that. It promotes more hate than anything and it is just a stupid way to get views. And I feel like retention is more important than views, I'd rather have somebody stay with my videos than skim through it and have 5k

Back