YouTube drama queens & clickbait

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think I'll go make a video now about the time I chopped off my toe (cut my toenail)

Can see the headline now I CHOPPED OFF MY TOE!!!! [GONE WRONG] [ COPS CALLED] [NEED A DOCTOR] [NOT CLICKBAIT]
Or like when I almost got hit by a truck at driving school:
"++CONTENT WARNING++ I ALMOST KILLED TWO PEOPLE!! [NOT CLICKBAIT]"
And it was probably more exciting than most of the stories that are narrated in those clickbait videos

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Or like when I almost got hit by a truck at driving school:
"++CONTENT WARNING++ I ALMOST KILLED TWO PEOPLE!! [NOT CLICKBAIT]"
And it was probably more exciting than most of the stories that are narrated in those clickbait videos
lol

how about; [NSFW - NSFL] I ALMOST DIED - MY PLANE CRASHED INTO THE GROUND [GRAPHIC]
*10 mins of talking --- then show a paper airplane falling down*
:bounce:

Reactions: KatyAdelson

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am hesitant to click on anything anymore that uses sensational titles or links. This goes for other internet sites as well.

Reactions: Crown

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it's mostly because the average age of a YouTube viewer is pretty young, and that's the types of stories pre-teens and early teenagers love to tell one another. "OMG! Did you see that? He almost KILLED ME with his bike! I ALMOST DIED!!!"

That's fine for kids to talk that way, it's the way they start to navigate around a lot of things, but when you see people in their 20s and up try to emulate that in order to grab eyeballs, then it's just desperate and sad. I mean, desperate and sad and profitable, but lots of profitable things are pretty sad.

Reactions: nad and Crown

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I think this is the funniest thing ever for some reason. This is the new meme the last ditch effort meme for 2016 I think its great and makes me laugh everytime.

Reactions: Crown and Skeltano

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think this is the funniest thing ever for some reason. This is the new meme the last ditch effort meme for 2016 I think its great and makes me laugh everytime.
Gotta agree with this, the clickbait meme has quickly become one of my all time favourites.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I know I've had some really really creepy compliments. =S Most of the time it's fine and nice, but when creepy people say stuff like that, it makes my skin crawl. =S There could have been other subtle creepy elements that she noticed more subconsciously and didn't share with the camera....(I'm not sure what she talked about in her video, but I thought I'd throw that idea out there... :eek:)

Yeah, it all depends. But I'm way more inclined to believe you than someone doing clickbait for a living. ^^

funniest post I've ever read lmao
the:
*gets served diet coke instead of regular = I was poisoned!

Is my personal favourite.
lol, my fave is "exhibit 3" - The combination of her expression in the photo and the title "I spoke to a demon" cracks me up every time I see it. :D

I've always assumed the fact i only had a couple funny life experience stories was because my life was boring. But looks like these sort of people make up and exaggerate most of theirs.
Honestly, I don't know why people idolize the vloggers that do this. For them to do this so often just shows how mundane their lives really are. What a horrible way to earn a living. You can lie to other people but you can't lie to yourself. Honestly they have no self-respect. I'm not sure if it's the "fame" or money that motivates them but they really do need a reality check on life. I'd rather earn my money in a minimum wage job than do that.

My favourite click bait video is the one called my friend died because of me!!! Storytime, she went on for about 2 minutes about this friend then it turned out she was on about Jesus and the story of easter, and people actually sat there for at least 3 minutes until she said it, people in the comments were really annoyed but saved me sitting through it, fair play to the girl she got over 1m views very quickly
Oh wow, yeah that's a new low. I wonder how she'd feel if her friend really did die....

Reactions: Lightsen

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As an ex-cast member I LOVE the clickbait Disney Story Times. I can tell they're fake from the first 3 seconds. Cast Members have VERY strict training. What to say, how to point, what to do during conflict, etc. Literally, CM's get so much hate on YouTube because they say "I'm sorry I need you to do, x,y,z for your safety." and then the Story Time is how "THIS CAST MEMBER RUINED THE MAGIC!" Makes me laugh so hard.

My favourite was a story time that was like, "CAST MEMBER BROKE DISNEY'S POLICY." Apparently that Youtuber knew Disney's policy better than the CM. Theres a bunch of online things saying that cast members can ONLY point with two fingers (not true). And so the cast member used their whole hand to point to the washroom, and the youtuber made a whole video about it. Like... k :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

P.s I'm now going to make a video reacting to Disney clickbait titles. Thanks for the idea ahahah

Reactions: Sam4God

lazy vlogger

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i do all caps but its not click bait in my opinion if you dont completely exaggerate, lie, and deceive people into clicking like the captions youve used as example

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i do all caps but its not click bait in my opinion if you dont completely exaggerate, lie, and deceive people into clicking like the captions youve used as example
No offence, but your titles aren't really working for you. I'd suggest using more key words that are relevant to the video. Not many people will be searching "Christmas is dead." They might search "Reasons why I hate christmas," or something alike. Take a look into search terms and go from there.

Reactions: nad